• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyframe.h-142 Error And Excellent! Adobe Customer Care

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrupted files with Premiere Elements are an ongoing problem for years as far as i realized. This is the first time i experienced this problem. With no actual reason my previously saved file was not opened, along with all the backup files. This is the error i have been getting:

bbb.jpg

Actually Adobe has a solution for this error: Keyframe.h-142 error | Opening projects

I followed the steps here, and generated a new file. However this new file was not opened either by PE with a new error message: "An unknown error occured while opening the project."

What i had to do was contacting the "Adobe Customer Care". I was told that my file is corrupted, and there's nothing to do. The worst part was the disappointing technical staff. I think that was the worst customer care experience i have ever had.

So i decided to try my chance in the forums. Does anybody have any idea how to rescue this file?

What i had to do was contacting the "Adobe Customer Care". I was told that my file is corrupted, and there's nothing to do. The worst part was the disappointing technical staff. I think that was the worst customer care experience i have ever had.

PS: This is the transcript of the chat session:

P*********: Hello! Welcome to Adobe support.

P*********: May I please know your operating system and the version of Elements you are using?

Me: Hello

Me: Windows 10 and Premiere Elements 15

P*********: Please allow me 1-2 minute(s) to review your account details.

Me: Yes,of course.

P*********: may I know have you already tried this article?

P*********: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/keyframe-h-142-error-opening.html

Me: Yes. I have tried it, and generated a new prel file with a new name. But PE still won't open it.

Me: "An unknown error occured while opening the project."

P*********: In that case it appears the the project is corrupted and I am afraid that it can not be retrieved.

Me: This is absolutely shocking, because i successfully saved the file. And when i tried to open it again, i learned that it's corrupted?

Me: Can i learn what could have caused the corruption?

P*********: Well the cause could be the sudden shut down of the computer, improper closing of Premiere Elements.

Me: Well, none of these happened.

Me: Dear P*********, is there a possibility that i could send the file which is only 350 Kb, and the technical staff could check it?

Me: I spent hours for this, and this is a terrible situation.

P*********: Well the file can not be retrieved though.

Me: Auto-saved files are corrupted as well

Me: And no explanation for this?

< No response... Chat session suddenly ends.>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the six years I've participated on this forum, I don't recall any sort of corrupted file epidemic.  

As a user group here, no one can predict, manage or contribute to any experiences with the chat service.   I'm sorry you feel that you were treated rudely.

I do sincerely feel your pain with a corrupt file.  Having used PC's since their invention, I'm compelled to suggest file corruption is most likely caused by disk errors or other computer faults.  Common practices should include saving backups of projects as you work through them.   Premier Elements does that in two ways.  First is the automatic routine that makes backups of the .prel file.  Second is the File > Save as... option that can be exercised after every significant editing accomplishment.

One last suggestion.....  If you're seeking help on a user forum, don't start out with an angry post.  The internet is crowded with user forums where all that participate do so for the reward of being of help to someone.  Anger does not work well for that.

Good luck.  I hope you don't have too much time lost rebuilding your project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear whsprague,

Sorry that if it looks like an angry post. It was an architectural presentation which i supposed to submit today, and the entire process really frustrated me. Fortunately i managed to get a one-day extension for the submission, and started to work again.

But still i do believe that Adobe should fix this problem, because i found out that some users experienced the same error as early as 2010.

On the other hand, i use various Adobe products and even though i rarely contact Adobe tech. staff, i would never imagine such a large corporation could hire that rude representatives.That was as important as the "Keyframe.h-142 Error", so i wanted to share my frustration publicly. Again, sorry for this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I kind of agree with the tech. Your first step is to figure out what caused the corruption.  And that's not an easy thing to figure out.

But, as Bill says, it's not a common complaint on this forum, so it's no likely a bug in the program. Though it could be that something you did triggered something in the program that most of us never trigger. Or you tried to open a project created in one version of the program using another version.

It could be a virus (or your antivirus program) or other malware. It could be something up on your hard drive  or in that area of your directory or a bad or outdated driver or something going on with Windows 10 (or Mac OS) or even some strange combination of several of these.

But, as your tech said, in the vast majority of cases, the solution is to grab one of your auto-saves. Though the fact that all of your auto-saves are also corrupted is a real cause for concern.

I know that doesn't help you in this case. But you haven't said if this is something that is happening with every project you've created or with only this project. It may never happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines