• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Epson P600 newly installed. Photoshop - prints blank pages unless set to printer managed color. help?

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this an Epson driver issue (dumbing it down for the consumer vs us pro's?)  or is this a Photoshop CS4 issue that needs resetting/reinstalled?

MUST be set to Printer manages color or if set to Photoshop manages color it prints (yes it fake prints) out a blank sheet.

Spent 1.5 hours on phone with Epson Tech support - reinstalled the driver 9.86  and re-selected the printer in system preferences.  Mac OS 10.10.5.  No change.

This is my 6th Epson printer.  All the others have worked fine....so appreciate any expert advice.  Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably won't get a reasonable response to a Photoshop question by posting in an Acrobat printing forum. Moving your post to the appropriate forum.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why at the top of the page does it say Photoshop General questions....sorry, new here and not EASY to find the right freaking place.  UGH. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

send a link please if you need it to be in a special place....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "Fake prints", do you mean the print head moves back and forth, but no ink is deposited? I have a  P600 under Windows 10, and it has work fine with Photoshop for me, both CC2017 and CS4.

Do you have any other Color-managed applications you can try printing from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES, fake prints.  What is your setting - "Printer manages color OR Photoshop manage color?

Prints fine if set to Printer manages color which is NOT how I've used it for all of my other Epson printers in the past.  So trying to see if this is an Epson driver issue (they are trying to control the color - idiot proofing/dumbing it down so to speak) or if Photoshop needs to be re-installed issue.

Mac 10.10.5.  CS4

No other color managed apps to test with...

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna

Did you ever resolve this? I've got a new P600 and have exactly the same problem!

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you solve this?? I have the same porblem now March 2022!!
Re-installed Mac Os Big  Sur, have  latest version of Photoshop but when I choose let Photoshop manage colours the printer SC p-600 print blank pages - this drives me nuts!!!
has anyone solved this problem??
Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, OSX 10.11.6, driver up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is apparently a bug in Mac OSX Big Sur 11.6.2 in connection with ICC profile use/printing,

Some users have reported success after updating to Monterey, personally, I'd be more likely to go back a version rather than jumping into a new OSX version so soon after release.

Sadly this bug appears to still be present in 11.6.3, according to users here who have made that upgrade.

Some users have reported positive results in OSX Big Sur - with some profiles being usable after opening them into the ColorSync utility and “fixing” any errors found.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NB, COLOURMANGEMENT'S answer worked for me. And I agree, don't go to the next OS yet. It caused a lot of problems and led to me downgrading just to get by.

Steve Gandy
Photographer - Instructor
stevegandy.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines