Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't PS 2017 load in the background?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start in background

I love PS cc2017 on Windows 10. BUT! This works me up. I often start the program when I am doing other things so it will be ready when I need it. Unfortunately, it keeps grabbing focus over and over before it is ever fully loaded. This means I am being repeatedly interrupted unnecessarily. Can't PS load in the background until it is ready? I have an ssd and all the quad core i7 that should be needed to have a wonderful workflow. Please can you look at this for the next release?

I apologise to the poor people on this forum who have real problems like starting and installing the program.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

I tried setting my Windows Photoshop startup shortcut to start minimized however  Photoshop did not start that way.  And the more add-ons and pattern you have added to Photoshop the longer it take for Photoshop the fully initializes. There also seems to be a windows focus battle raging when Photoshop initializes on windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Startup times have increased quite a bit in later versions. On my i7-3820, it's now up and running in 20 seconds cold / 10 seconds warm.

My earliest installed version is CC2014, which starts up much faster - 7 seconds and 3 seconds respectively.

If you have significantly longer launch times than around 20/10, some subroutine is probably stalling the process. Look at the splash screen, which lists sub-modules as they load, and see if something uses a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried setting my Windows Photoshop startup shortcut to start minimized however  Photoshop did not start that way.  And the more add-ons and pattern you have added to Photoshop the longer it take for Photoshop the fully initializes. There also seems to be a windows focus battle raging when Photoshop initializes on windows.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue. You essentially have to watch Photoshop load. Slowly, even on an SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines