Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XML imported text won't reflow even if smartReflow enabled

People's Champ ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am working with InDesign Server populating templates with XML in specific template. One of them is set to smart reflow is on so overflowing text should be reflowed.

However even if the xml content is placed, the overflowing text doesn't fire the reflowing process. If I do anything manually like moving the text frame, then the reflow suddenly activates.

So I am trying to force the reflow by tweaking either the frame or the content through InDesign Server but none of my attempts work. Has any of you face a similar issue ?

Loic

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to get it to work in Desktop by turning off and on the preflight o_0.

working with Smart Text Reflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vamitul

Thanks for the care. Still no luck. I feel like the reflow isn't refreshed in InDesign Server. I am going to do some test to see if it's related to the server or the fact the story is xml content.

Loic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well with sample docs, both pure string import and xml import  fire the reflow process in IDS 2015.

The client server is CS6 but I am not sure how that could be related. Sighh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's probably how the template has been prepared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines