• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to sync Lightroom on my iMac to my MacBook pro (not in cloud)

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased lightroom 6 (cd).

I installed lightroom on both my MacBook pro and iMac...

My question is how to sync the catalogues/ collections?

Any links or tips in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thanks Bambos

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Put the catalog file and all photos on an external hard drive, move this external HD back and forth to whatever computer you are working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the catalog file and all photos on an external hard drive, move this external HD back and forth to whatever computer you are working on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The external drive solution that DJ describes is the best. I have also heard of some people having success with Dropbox, but that could require a lot space if you have a lot of images.

The bottom line is that Lightroom does not have a solution to 'sync' multiple catalogs, or even collections within multiple catalogs. The only way to be in sync is to have a single catalog that is accessed from multiple locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom is a single-user, single-computer software system.

The easiest (not prettiest) method of using it on multiple computers is to put the catalog and the images on an external drive and move the drive from computer to computer as needed, as already suggested.

You can often setup Dropbox.com or similar file sharing services to copy the catalog from computer to computer, but there are risks involved with jumping though these hoops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines