Exit

photoshop colour setting / profile

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

i have a problem ...

i bought a new screen ( DELL 2412) , and i have different views (i take pic with canon mark3 on raw file) :

when i open the file in IMAGE STONE VIEWER application - the picture look good

when i open the same picture in photoshop , now on photoshop 2017 (same problem in earlier version) the picture look very bad from colour asspect : low saturation , low contrast , and faded colour .

in my former screen ( samsung ) i didnt have this problem .

can you help me with this issue , how i can set the correct colour setting in my photoshop , or shold i set somthing in my screen ?

thx

ornit 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is Image Stone Viewper displays the heavily processed JPEG thumbnail, which the camera created for viewing shortly after capture. Photoshop, on the other hand, (and more specifically Camera Raw) will be creating/displaying an unprocessed rendition of the raw file.

If you want the raw file to look like the camera created thumbnail, go to the Camera Calibration menu in ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) and choose the camera profile which you are using in-camera (such as Camera Faithful).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear benjamin

thx for your support .

by saying : "go to the Camera Calibration menu in ACR " do you mean to go in photoshop to : edit-preferences - camera raw... and than to mark the thumbnail of "make default specific to camera iso setting "  ?

soory , but i am not super technologiest ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you first open a raw file, Photoshop's Camera Raw plugin should open the file for initial processing. See this screen shot:

1.jpg

By default, the "Adobe Standard" profile will be chosen. However, you can choose one of the recreated camera profiles. This will apply the tonal and color changes which that particular Canon profile would have in-camera.

I usually stick with Adobe Standard and do my own corrections to personal taste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ,

thx for your help , but i am not sure it solve the problem .

hereunder you can see the file as shown from the photoshop after : camera faitful

at the second picture you can see the picture from the IMAGE STONE VIEWER

it didnt change the result .

i have to mention that with my former screen , i didnt see any differance between the photoshop and the image stone .

???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I meant to use Camera Faithful only as an example...To find the exact profile which your camera is using, you'd need to look in the "Picture Style" menu of your 5D Mk III.

However, this could be due to a corrupt/defective monitor profile. Open the Start menu and type "color management." What profile is being used as default for your computer's display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show how the JPEG compares between both apps? How about the same CR2 in both apps (as you are comparing a JPEG to a CR2 it may help to see the same file in both apps).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines