Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insufficient user privileges to install application

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2016 Dec 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I try to install Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 64-bit Operating System. I downloaded the installer, everything all right until the installation progress reaches 73% when I receive an error: Insufficient user privileges to install application. I tried everything...uninstall the current version, change the permissons from C:\ProgramData, run the installer as administrator, etc. I tried another installer from Adobe and I receive the following error: A required file (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe:5) could not be written due to insufficient permissions. I deleted this file...still doesn't working.

Please help me!

Best regards,

Vlad Costache

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please log in as an administrator and try installing again.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi vladcostache98 ,

C:\ProgramData directory is not involved in Flash Player installation.  Not sure why you would modify permissions on this directory.  Flash Player requires Admin permissions to install, and that's what  'Insufficient permissions' errors normally indicates, however, it's still failing when you select 'Run as Administrator'.  To troubleshoot further, I'll need the following information:

• FlashInstall.log file saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash - please include append 'system32' and 'syswow64' to the FlashInstall.log file name so I'll know which file is from which directory
  • Screenshots of the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash directories. See How do I attach a screenshot? Please include only the Windows Explorer window for each directory in your screenshot.  If you include the entire desktop, the information in the Windows Explorer window will be very small and difficult to read.

Upload the log files and screenshots to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines