Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong characters on skin buttons in Spanish

Jul 01, 2008 Jul 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When creating a webhelp skin in Spanish, the text in the skin buttons appears OK when the webhelp is run locally, but it does not appear correctly when the webhelp is online. The accents in the words "índice" and "´búsquedas" are not interpreted correctly and strange symbols are shown instead. I have had a look at the whskin_tbars.htm file, and it does not have any charset reference in the Meta section. Anyway, I have tried adding the charset line, but to no avail. I never had this problem with X5 or previous versions, and the help filles were uploaded to the same servers. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, this issue has to do with the fact that many of the project files that make up the webhelp (not just "whskin_tbars.htm", but also others), do not have a charset utf-8 reference in RH7. In previous versions versions of RH all of those files did have a charset. If the webhelp files do not specify an encoding (like charset=utf-8) it leaves it up to the browser to interpret the correct page encoding. This is why some characters in the buttons may not show properly. I think that this is a bug in RH, and I hope I will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2008 Aug 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
"I think that this is a bug in RH, and I hope I will be fixed soon."

OK, we will send the lads around to fix you! However, if you would prefer the bug to be fixed, you will need to report it.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp