Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator file will not import

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am running Adobe Illustrator to make my puppet, Illustrator version 21.0.0 CC.  I have saved the file, according to the tutorial.

When I import it into Ch, nothing happens, not even any error message.  What is going wrong ?

Using Character Animator version Beta 5 x141.

Let me know

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Nice puppet! It imported fine for me over here, so something seems weird with your build it seems. Maybe a fresh reinstall will help? Adobe Character Animator | Download character animation software free trial

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice puppet! It imported fine for me over here, so something seems weird with your build it seems. Maybe a fresh reinstall will help? Adobe Character Animator | Download character animation software free trial

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I can't edit the post, can you remove the link to the file for me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be buggy, it did the same thing on another character I imported ... nothing.  Uninstall and reinstall fixed it. But uninstalling and reinstalling every time I use the program could be annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This software doesn't work. I followed the tutorial and copied the mouth expressions from Stany, and now the eyebrows and eyes are not moving anymore.  Tried to uninstall and reinstall but now nothing is working.  Then I got the attached somehow...2017-01-10_15-21-05.png

After spending all day on this, I am going to have to move on.  Let me know when the bugs are fixed and it's ready to use. I am hopeful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it just this puppet that doesn't import, or do other PSD or AI files not work either? Can you even load example puppets like Stannie or the Dr. Funkenstein cartoon from the Welcome panel?

If the eyes and eyebrows aren't working anymore then it's either a tagging or organizational issue, which can be complex in Illustrator. If you want to DM me your puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) when/if it works I can take a closer look.

For the last issue, see 11:30 in this video for relinking puppets. Like After Effects and Premiere Pro, CH is looking for references of the files, so if that reference moves or changes you may need to relink.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines