Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating and uploading a new site

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brains trust,

I currently have an existing website, let's call it www.abc123.com.

I want to build a new design (via a new Muse document) to replace this.

When I have finished the new website I want to upload it to exactly the same FTP server and folder of www.abc123.com.  I will be using the same domain name too.

I am using Cpanel

My questions are:

1.  When I upload the new design will it automatically take over from the old site?  Or do I need to delete the exisiting/old site files first from the server first?

I am concerned about conflict.

2.  Is it possible to keep both Muse files and switch/upload between them if I ever decide to go back to the old website design?

I hope that all makes sense.

thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Hello JustinPhoto,

1) The answer to your first question is yes, it does replace the old file, however, we recommend you delete all the old files from the Cpanel and reupload the site to avoid any conflicts.

2) Yes, that can be done however you will have to reach out to your host and get two separate folders created for both the versions of your site. By this way, you can get both the site file uploaded on the same domain.

Check this doc for more info -  https://community.reclaimhosting.com/t/uploading-a-site-with-adobe-muse/316

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello JustinPhoto,

1) The answer to your first question is yes, it does replace the old file, however, we recommend you delete all the old files from the Cpanel and reupload the site to avoid any conflicts.

2) Yes, that can be done however you will have to reach out to your host and get two separate folders created for both the versions of your site. By this way, you can get both the site file uploaded on the same domain.

Check this doc for more info -  https://community.reclaimhosting.com/t/uploading-a-site-with-adobe-muse/316 

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines