Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Face recognition: Faces lost - without deleting them

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just started using Lightroom 6 - and I'm hoping some more experienced people can help. I wanted to index a whole year of faces (9000 photos), and I turned on face recognition. I still had 3-400 faces left in the unnamed people section when I quit and went to bed - and turned off the pc. The next morning I continued the naming/indexing of the rest of the faces - but most of the indexing from the day before was gone! The two most photographed persons had each around 800 indexed photos each - but the next day, they only had around 20 left!! Very annoying. Anybody knows what might have happened? I could (maybe) have accidentally deleted faces, but how? - and how does one do that for several people who don't stay next to each other in the "named people"-catalog - without meaning to do that? Hitting "All photographs" in the Catalog panel doesn't help solve the problem. And I cannot seem to make LR re-index, either. Anybody who knows how to fix this annoying problem?

Thanks for helping!

Ingrid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to run face recognition on one folder at a time? I'm not sure if it will allow you to re-index at the folder level now that you have run it on the entire catalog. It's worth a try though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for you answer! But I'm afraid it doesn't work for individual folders, either. I've just tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines