• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opaque layers moving to the front (urgent)

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I normally use CS5 but I've recently started using creative cloud. My current version doesn't allow me to put less opaque shapes (let's say 20%) on top of the 100% opaque shapes, even when rasterize layers. When I tried to change the opacity, since it's not moving when I reorder the layers, it just sends them straight to the back even if they were on top before. It's really frustrating so any help is appreciated

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

You should be able to order all your layers except the background layer. Photoshop's background layer is a special  optional layer on the bottom of the layer stack. It does not support transparency so it always canvas size a fully opaque.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to order all your layers except the background layer. Photoshop's background layer is a special  optional layer on the bottom of the layer stack. It does not support transparency so it always canvas size a fully opaque.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I am struggling to understand your post.

If I understand you correctly you have some shape layers with varying opacity as I have shown below. The rectangle is 100% , The ellipse is 62% the polygon is 37%

If you use Layer -Arrange - to change the order (I reversed them) are you saying the opacity did not travel with the shape layer as it did below?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines