• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image size is changed when opened from Bridge to Photoshop CS6

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Bridge for my work flow.  When I view the metadata in Bridge it shows a file size of 5184X3456 @ 72ppi.  When I open that same image in CS6 and check the image size without altering it the size is 5184X3456 @ 200ppi.  What preference has been changed to change the ppi size?  This is a new situation for me as I have used PS for many years without this problem.  I am using Windows 10 and Photoshop CS6.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you are in Photoshop, make a "Non destructive" change in the image and re-save it.

For example you might click the eyeball off and on in a layer, or make a new layer, then delete the layer.

Save it, agree to the changes, and see if the proper ppi shows up in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am simply asking why when the file is opened is the ppi changed to 200 from 72?  This is a new situation.  I have not had images change the ppi in the past.  I am not looking to have to do many steps to do what it should normaly.  I am guessing this is a preference setting issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPI is also known as Print metadata. While not part of the actual image, it travels with the file alongg with other Metadata items as Exif (Camera information) and IPTC (Contact and Copyright information).

Bridge is suppose to read this information by default. There is no setting for that except the decision to display it or not in the Metadata panel. If Bridge cannot read it, the resolution defaults to 72 ppi, but does not touch the image.

If this is one file that is not working, I'll need to know what file format it is.

If it's all files, Bridge Preferences would need to be reset and in worst case, reinstall.

This should get you started: Bridge: CS6 not reading Metadata; Loupe not working | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Troubleshoot Adobe Bridge for errors and freezes​ on how to reset Bridge Preferences.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No thank you Gene.  I would prefer to hear from someone else.  Your answer does not address my problem and your answer does not take into consideration information that I have already given such as I have used PS for years without this problem so it is not a one off problem.  Your links have nothing to do with the problem.  I am hoping that board moderator are monitoring this thread and will look over gener7 as a problem solver.  Nothing personal Gene I am guessing that your desire is to help.  Unfortunately you are not qualified to help in this instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

21000+ points, over 10 years experience in these forums, ACP and Moderator status.

Yeah, I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines