• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ID is sloooooowwwwww

Enthusiast ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently replaced my hard drive and reinstalled ID. The issue I started having a day or two ago is just an incredible slowness. Here's where it came up: I'm manually adding line numbers to a document: tab, type 210, down arrow five times, tab, type 215, down arrow five times, lather, rinse, repeat -- a dull, repetitive task that should go quickly and require little mental attention beyond counting by fives. Only every. single. keystroke is taking multiple seconds in a row. And if I type a bunch at once, some of them won't register. I'm not having this problem with any other program, so I don't think it's a keyboard issue. For once it's not my old Wacom tablet causing trouble, because this is an all-keyboard process. I've had ID open and closed; the computer's been off and back on a couple of times; nothing makes a difference. I'm running Windows 10 and InDesign CC 2017.0 release. Any ideas?

Thanks!

~Valerie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

I figured it out! Slowing down enough to work through those articles, I realized that it was hanging specifically when I typed the digits. So I removed my GREP style from the digits (I can easily reapply it when I'm done), and zoom, zoom! Everything is working sensibly! So the moral of the story is, don't let ID get a death-GREP on your typing speed! ;^)

Thanks, Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out! Slowing down enough to work through those articles, I realized that it was hanging specifically when I typed the digits. So I removed my GREP style from the digits (I can easily reapply it when I'm done), and zoom, zoom! Everything is working sensibly! So the moral of the story is, don't let ID get a death-GREP on your typing speed! ;^)

Thanks, Steve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you figured it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines