Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2017 stopped working...?

Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm starting Photoshop CC 2017 these message appears: "Photoshop 2017 stopped working, Windows is trying to solve problem". Does anyone knows how to fix this problem? I have already tried with the Adobe Cleaner Tool, but it doesn't work. However, Premiere and After effects work completely fine. I have Windows 10. I also checked Windows reliability history, but muy computer doesn´t seem to be able to find a solution to the problem. I have already uninstall and install Photoshop like 6 times in a day and the same message keeps coming out.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

That's because something in Windows is causing the problem. The most common is Lavasoft's Web Companion.

If you look at Control Panel > Add/Remove software, look for "Web companion" and uninstall it. Restart and see if that solves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's because something in Windows is causing the problem. The most common is Lavasoft's Web Companion.

If you look at Control Panel > Add/Remove software, look for "Web companion" and uninstall it. Restart and see if that solves it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem  I uninstalled Web Companion, held down Alt-Shift-Ctrl and reset settings and restarted my computer with no success.  Any other suggestions?

I'm using the 7 day trial (not overly impressed so far. Can't imagine actually paying for a problem riddled program)

Windows 8 64 bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When a program stops working in Photoshop, you need to look for the Faulting Module.

Here's how:

I would recommend you to check event viewer logs, look for event errors after Photoshop crashes.  Follow these steps to access Event Viewer.

1. Go to the Start Screen.

2. Type in Event Viewer.

3. This will bring up the Event Viewer box. Click to open the Event Viewer.

4. In the left pane, expand Windows Logs.

5. Click on Application and System log.  Highlight the first event in the log and use your arrow keys to scroll down. Most of your event will be in formation. You may see Yellow Warnings or Red Errors. If you see a red error, you can double click on it to bring it up and copy the contents to a document.

Then copy and paste it into your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines