• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RotoTool opens but no green start tool starts even though I am following directions

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a Mac OS X El Capitan Ver 10.11.6 installed and AE 2017. I have the video ready to Roto Brush, I click on the tool "Roto Brush Tool" then go to my layer and double click and at that point its supposed to zoom in with a green (pen point) for me to start selecting what I want to rotoscope. It doesn't do anything. I have had other "double click" issues where my daughter (with same product) works but not on mine, so I do it manually - but Roto Brush tool doesn't seem to have anyone way to work it. I use the mask tool perfectly fine, but wanted to use the Roto Brush. Is there a preset some where in product or on my Mac that allows the Roto Tool to work? I use Wacom tablet, but tried it with a mouse, and a pen no success. Please help me I need to get this done tonight. 7:46pm (pst) Regards, Nicole

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

the links I sent you have a lot of information for beginners and advanced users alike. make sure you run through all of them. if you are really interested in getting to know Rotobrush even more, I highly recommend taking a course on Lynda about it. this is one of the best you can find: After Effects Apprentice 13: Paint, Roto, and Puppet

other than that if you have a specific problem please show some screenshots and try to illustrate as accurately as you can what exactly is the issue you are fac

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, all, I got the green pen to work (had to manually open layers (double click doesn't seem to work) now I trace object and green line traces, but then it thinks and comes back with nothing (no masking around the object) any ideas what I need to do next? The tutorial I am watching shows you outline, then WA LA pink outline around object (masked) - not working for me, what could it be now?  Thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rotobrush is not intuitive. you have to read and watch all of these 2 page at least:

After Effects Roto Brush, Refine Edge, and Refine Matte

Roto Brush and Refine Matte in After Effects

. if things are not clear after that you should come back with specific details and screenshots to illustrate your exact steps and problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These links really helped, it was some setting in general preferences. Now I have rotobrushed all my object and its ready to move forward, but I noticed my roto layer is off a couple frames from the "background duplicate layer" when I drag the timeline to make them the same one side or the other is always off just a 1/4 inch for lining up. Is there a great tutorial out there that walks us through these things, maybe I just ht a button by accident. Its so close, I put text behind the roto layer and it all looks perfect except for the lining up of the background layer. I send a lot of time looking for free tutorials on this subject, just thought there might be one you could recommend that is for first time beginners that explains it just a bit more. The folks that did the dog one on the link was great, but didn't go over the layers after its rotoscoped.  Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the links I sent you have a lot of information for beginners and advanced users alike. make sure you run through all of them. if you are really interested in getting to know Rotobrush even more, I highly recommend taking a course on Lynda about it. this is one of the best you can find: After Effects Apprentice 13: Paint, Roto, and Puppet

other than that if you have a specific problem please show some screenshots and try to illustrate as accurately as you can what exactly is the issue you are facing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I did go through it all, I will go through it one more time. Lynda is a bit to costly for me at this time, I will keep trying with what you have sent me. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines