• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I email from lightroom?

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t email my photos from lightroom. I am using lightroom6 on a windows7 operating system. I followed the following procedure:

File > Email Photos. In the pop up dialog box, under the “FROM” section I chose my gmail account, but I received an error message as follows:

'Unable to export. An internal error has occurred. There is something wrong in Crypt Unprotect Data'.

When I clicked on email account manager to see if my email account was set up properly, I received the following message:

‘Adobe photoshop has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.’

I had to close lightroom and reopen it.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom, but that did not solve the problem. Is there some kind of glitch in the program? My adobe ID is a different email than the one I tried to use. Does that matter? I changed my password in the email account that I tried to use, does that matter? Do I have to use windows live mail instead on an email account? Do you have any suggestions for me? Someone out there in cyberspace, Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

I want to post an update. I finally got my question answered from the lightroom page on facebook. This forum is not helpful at all. They answered in one day and  showed me how to reset my preferences. My email account manager now works correctly. I just had to hold down alt + shift as lightroom started until a preferences dialog box popped up and follow the prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your Gmail inbox or spam folder as set up attempts may have been blocked. See this similar thread for more information:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/8384090

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding to my question. I can't access my email account manager. This happened a year ago so there isn't anything in my spam folder. Here's the excerpt from my last post:      File > Email Photos. In the pop up dialog box, under the “FROM” section I chose my gmail account, but I received an error message as follows:'Unable to export. An internal error has occurred. There is something wrong in Crypt Unprotect Data'.
When I clicked on email account manager to see if my email account was set up properly, I received the following message:‘Adobe photoshop has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.’

When you click “From”  try choosing the Email Manager and then click the Add button to create a new preset e.g. save as Gmail2. Try re-entering your details again (see my above link for Gmail port settings) and validate.

If you have an email client such as Outlook you can do the set up in post export actions. See this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/e-mail-photos-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help me However, as I stated in my last email, I can't get into my email manager.

When I clicked on email account manager to see if my email account was set up properly, I received the following message:‘Adobe photoshop has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.’

Therefore, I can't add a new preset or enter my email details again.Is there a way to reset the preferences? I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling  lightroom which didn't help

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/e-mail-photos-lightroom.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clicked on the above link you sent to me. Here's what happened when I attempted to follow the directions.

After selecting a photo in lightroom, I clicked on the export button. The lightroom preset 'for email' doesn't have the option on the right side of the dialog box 'for post processing' after I scrolled down. Only the lightroom preset 'for email (harddrive) has the option 'for post processing". I tried to use that preset instead. However, it exports the photo to a folder on my computer and then opens a new tab in my chrome browser not into the compose email page!. The shortcut that I dragged into the lightroom export actions folder (step 4 in the instructions (drag the email shortcut  to export actions folder), doesn't appear to be working correctly. I copied and pasted the address bar from the compose email page and created a shortcut on my desktop for this step. Does chrome work or do I have to use a different browser like internet explorer? When I want to email photos from lightroom, it is supposed to do the following: Your email client opens a new message with the exported photo(s) attached. This does not happen!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to send e-mail photos from Lightroom using Chrome. I don't use the export dialog. I do it from the File/E-mail Photo menu option. If you are using a Mac I believe the option is under the Lightroom menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that option worked for me, but unfortunately, it doesn't. It's too bad we spend all of this money on a program and adobe doesn't offer any tech support for it. It's just not right!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to post an update. I finally got my question answered from the lightroom page on facebook. This forum is not helpful at all. They answered in one day and  showed me how to reset my preferences. My email account manager now works correctly. I just had to hold down alt + shift as lightroom started until a preferences dialog box popped up and follow the prompt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines