• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Practically UNusable

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it has been well documented but are there any updates on Adobe fixing the speed of Lightroom? I am a professional photographer and it has almost become unusable. I have also spent money on upgrading my PC to help rectify to no avail. I have a very powerful system and it is a crawl. Pasting settings will take 5-10 seconds per image to apply. I have tried turning GFX power on and off to no difference. Perhaps crashes a little less by not using GFX CPU.

Simply not good enough

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your exact system specs?

I'm running a 5 year old i7 system with no problems what so ever. No crashes and speed in LR is acceptable (although slightly slower than LR 5).

There are report of LR not liking system with CPUs that have more than 4 cores.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ive seen lots of people reporting the same. Specs are:

i7-6700

16gb RAM

AMD Radeon RX480

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chrisp,

Please optimize Lr performance. Refer the article Optimize Lightroom performance

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrisp85389335 wrote:

Hi,

Ive seen lots of people reporting the same. Specs are:

i7-6700

16gb RAM

AMD Radeon RX480

More information is needed

• Exactly which operations in LR are slow?
  • What is the size in pixels of your monitor?
  • Do you perform a lot of brushing or spot healing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. I am a freelance photograp[her so have a desktop and a Surface Pro 3. Both have become very slow suddenly. I was running an i7 3770 and upgraded which did nothing.

For more specifics, it may sound odd but Lightreoom gets slower and slower in all usage as time goes on. Restarting machines appear to make it back to normal. Library module is fine. Its develop. When you click on croipping tool or exposure increase. Not the actual cropping but going to the tool. Often takes 5 seconds for tool to show. Same goes for spot healing. Flicking between images gets slower and slower too. Fans kick in and task monitor shows high usage.

It was hanging a lot but that appears to have stopped in latest version 2015.8.

Ive used Lightroom for over 5 years now and never had it this slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, chrisp85389335​, I asked 3 questions, one wasn't been answered by your reply (size of your monitor in pixels), and another one you have indirectly addressed (but not really answered) the other one about are you doing a lot of spot healing or brushing. Could you please provide the answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry yes you did. Not a lot of spot healing. If I use it on one I mage to the next it's no different in speed. Just slow using it but I wouldn't say much more than normal.

As for.monitors I have dual 27 inch 2560 pixel wide monitors.  I am shifting pixels

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I'm still digging for details.

The question was, did you do a lot of spot healing OR BRUSHING? You didn't answer the brushing part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do occasionally use both. Very little brushing. This week i have been editing sports images with bo spot or brush healing and its slow. Catalogue of only about 50 images. Crop tool is the worst to activate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot healing and brushing, when you do a moderate to large amount on a photo, will cause this slowness.

Catalog size is irrelevant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen, read, researched 100's and 100's and 100's of these same questions about Lightroom being excruciating slow over the last 1 1/2 years. A LOT of the issues seem to be in develop mode, but there are certainly other areas of the application that are slow. I have yet to find a single, good answer or solution to seemingly the most common complaint, and that is in Develop mode there is often any where from a 3-8 seconds of lag time for any slide adjustments. Exposure. White balance. Or just about any other slider. I have tired almost every single recommendation I have come across. Dozens. And none of them work consistently or reliably. I have a blazing fast computer system/setup (not going to bother listing everything) and keep it updated to a "T". It's so frustrating. I feel you Chris! We can't all be that crazy. HAAA!!!! Just curious as to when Adobe plans on coming out with a major update from CC2015? Ummmmm, it's 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(not going to bother listing everything)

Well that's a shame, we might be able to help you if we knew your system specs.

And can you answer the question I asked above, are you doing a lot of spot healing and brushing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, you must have way too much time on your hand to reply with a response like this. You could have picked 100 other kind, even helpful, responses, but you choose the comment "Well that's a shame..."?

I know exactly why you are asking the question above about spot healing and brushing. I know how Lightroom handles those calculations, building on each other, in layman's terms, as they go, requiring more and more processing/memory resources. That's why I didn't bother mentioning it in my post. To humor you though. In develop mode, it will lag whether or not I have done any spot healing, brushing, cloning, doesn't matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha yep I got asked for so many details when I'd consider myself a Lightroom expert. As in pro photographer since version 2. A brand new PC and very high spec and a Surface Pro. What you state you see is identical to me. Seconds wait for simple action. Nothing to do with spot healing etc.

I have found it's sometimes inconsistent and purge image cache constantly seems to fix. I am having less crashes in last couple of versions so that's good.

Feel your our pain too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A suggestion to all-

As well as the Adobe link given in Post#3, also download the ebook at- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/performance/

(using the 'latest' nvidia graphics driver slowed my Lr down incredibly- had to step the Windows drivers back to previous versions and now am back to speed)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines