• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to loop some layers in timeline and leave other layers to be played just once

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm a very beginner and I wasn't able to find an answer on my question, probably because it's difficult for me to formulate it right... So I have an animation movie which in general needs to be played just once but some parts of it needs to be looping forever. how to loop just some layers on the timeline and leave other layers to be played just once? Is it possible?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

layers don't exist in your published file so you can't control individual layers.

to work-around that follow the advice of rezun8​ and convert each layer to a movieclip.  ie, select all the frame in that layer, right click > click cut and then create a new movieclip and paste the cut frames into the new movieclip's timeline.

you can then control that movieclip's timeline independent of the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use MovieClips to make that happen. Think of the MovieClip (MC) as a smaller timeline animation that resides within the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because that's exactly what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

layers don't exist in your published file so you can't control individual layers.

to work-around that follow the advice of rezun8​ and convert each layer to a movieclip.  ie, select all the frame in that layer, right click > click cut and then create a new movieclip and paste the cut frames into the new movieclip's timeline.

you can then control that movieclip's timeline independent of the main timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot for explanation!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines