• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A PDF shows pages as blank

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When opened in Adobe Reader iOS 9.3.5 iPad 3, this PDF shows the pages all as blank.

I have previously posted this 2 months ago, one of the tech-support said we are working on it and when i ask in a comment about the problem no one is replying.

There is the PDF

http://shrek.unideb.hu/~adamkardos/temp/boox/Modern%20electrodynamics.pdf

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I do apologize that I cannot be of more help other than to let you know that when I clicked on the link it opened for me.  I'm hoping you have your issue resolved already.  Have a great day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please be more precise? yes the link works, it opens normally in Adobe PC, in safari, in iBooks and every PDF viewer on iOS but not Adobe Acrobat on my iPad 3, iOS 9.3.5 and the tech-support agreed last time that there is the problem i stated.

So does it work on Adobe Reader iOS with you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gh11​,

There is a defect in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad that fails to display page contents properly.  This problem occurs with a specific type of PDF documents containing PDF syntax errors (that other PDF viewers ignore).

Unfortunately, the defect has not been fixed in Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad yet.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

So is it under progress or it wouldn't be done any soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a long-standing defect in the Acrobat Reader mobile app.  There is no quick fix for it.

Unfortunately, we are not able to speculate on when this defect is fixed in the app.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see this is from 5 years ago, but I have the same problem in ios. What is the solution. I'm in a test period and if it's not resolved, it makes no sense to buy the app. Please advise. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I'm regretting buying the subscription. Any updates?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Ashley24861648w5v2 

hope you're doing great, and sorry for the issue you've experienced.

As per the issue description, the PDF opens blank in your Acrobat mobile application.

Please try the following steps: -

1. Try downloading the file to your local storage and then try to open it.

2. Check for any updates for your device.

3. Clear the cache of the application from the device settings.

If the issue persists, could you please share the following details: 

1. Application version.

2. A screenshot or screen recording of the issue you're experiencing.

3. If possible, could you share the PDF file that is having issues?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Krutikka

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jennifer, you are missing the point. The pdf opens in other apps but not in Reader for iPad.

I have PDFs that open correctly on Windows, macOS and the iPad Files app, but are almost blank in iPad Acrobat Reader.

I want a fix, but the workaround of using Files might work for you.

Adobe, fix this bug that has been around for many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted about this because I'm experiencing it on my iPad (Sept. 20200) and also pay for the subscription.  I will be canceling the subscription since I'm not going to pay for an app that doesn't work where I need it to work.  Apparently in three years they haven't been able to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stumbling across this 5 years later while trying to read a paper for my master thesis. It's kinda rediculous that Adobe, the inventors of PDF themseleves can't fix this bug, that's around for years and only on this platform.

@Don the Shon If this is still relevant to you. In my case I could fix it with the method of directly sending it from the browser to Acrobat Reader.

This is done, by opening the PDF in the browser and then using the "Open in..." Method on the bottom right.
It also worked from my cloud storage (Google Drive) and selecting the "Send to Acrobat" option.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ericsmiley,

Hope you are doing well. 

Thank you for sharing the workaround. 

Can you confirm if you still experience an issue opening a PDF in Acrobat Reader? Would you mind sharing a sample PDF with us for further testing?

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik,

Sorry, but I can't remember the exact PDF source. I believe it was this paper here https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6197172, or https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-50578-3_7. Of course, I can't just send you this PDF because of licensing issues. Generally the Problem happened for multiple papers I found at Digital Libraries, you will find some if you look. 

FYI, I used an iPad Mini 6 with all the latest Software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines