• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We have 2 issues with our Acrobat XI Std v11.0.18.

Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 2 issues with our Acrobat XI Std v11.0.18.

• #1 the PDF files on the desktop are converting the file from the normal Adobe icon to thumbnails (preview of first page).  I went into preferences-general and I do not see the option to disable or enable PDF thumbnail previews for windows explorer.  Please help!
  • #2 I'm not sure if this is related to the issue but when you click to open a PDF Acrobat opens but does not display an image.  If you close the PDF and reopen it, it displays the PDF. Please help!
TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) This by design. Later versions of Acrobat (SUBSCRIPTION VERSION ONLY) have the option to turn this off (for new files only).

2) What do you see instead, that first time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1)  So in my licensed version I can not turn this off and that is why I dont have enable PDF thumbnail previews for windows explorer?  Is this new for XI Standard

2) Just a blank view as if you were to open adobe via a shortcut or executable. 

thanks for the reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1) Not in the old Acrobat XI. It's a feature of the current version Acrobat DC, subscription ONLY (not permanent license).

2) So, do you have all the other window stuff around it? What does It say across the title bar of the window, in full?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines