Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 5.7.1 / Nikon D750

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently acquired a Nikon D750 and I was using it to import with my CC photography subscription. I used to have a Macbook Pro with El Captain and worked perfectly, but now I changed my computer to a notebook using Windows 10, and now its not working anymore.  When I try to import the files, it says there's no camera found, but it's connected and I can see the files in it's folder at Windows Explorer.

I did a check here at the forums, but couldn't find anything. Is there any update I need to do? I have the latests version of Lightroom on my notebook, but I think it's impossible it only works in a macbook.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

You either need to upgrade to Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC, or download and use the free DNG converter to create DNG (Digital negative) copies all of your images that can be used with your version of Lightroom.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

If you decide to go the DNG route, just download the latest version, which is 9.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact version of LR you are using. LR CC is up to CC 2015.8

Go to Help > About Adobe PS LR and post the exact version.

Also, Buy a Card Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

its 5.7.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You either need to upgrade to Lightroom 6 or Lightroom CC, or download and use the free DNG converter to create DNG (Digital negative) copies all of your images that can be used with your version of Lightroom.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh

If you decide to go the DNG route, just download the latest version, which is 9.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thanks. Its just confusing because it worked on macbook on this very lightroom version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. Sorry. What exact version of Lightroom do you have installed on that computer? I suspect you have something older than Lightroom 5 .7. You need to update to the last version that was released for Lightroom 5, which was Lightroom 5.7.1.

WAIT A MINUTE! If you have a creative cloud subscription, why are you still using Lightroom 5? You should have Lightroom CC 2015.8. Do you still have Lightroom 5 installed on your computer, and are double-clicking on the wrong icon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version, 5.7.1. I know that for tethering I would need a different version, but I want to just import, and isn't recognizing anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a creative cloud subscription, 5.7.1 IS NOT the latest version. You should be using Lightroom CC 2015.8. What do you REALLY have? Something isn't right here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it IS 5.7.1, I have a creative cloud photography subscription with access to Photoshop and Lightroom only. I checked for upgrade before opening the thread, but there was none, it says I have the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of two things. Is your system a 32-bit operating system? If not, do you still have Lightroom 5 installed on your computer? If you do then you are double clicking on the icon that starts Lightroom 5 and not Lightroom CC. Lightroom 5.7.1 is not the current creative cloud version. The current version is Lightroom CC 2015.8..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh I will check this. Everything is really confusing and I appreciate the help, English isn't my main language and I couldn't find anything in Portuguese to help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the help menu for the about Lightroom option. This is what you should see:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open the Creative Cloud Desktop app. If you don't have that installed go here to get it and install it.

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Once it is downloaded and install open it and Sign In with your Adobe ID that is tied to your subscription plan. Then go to the App Tab and see if Lightroom cc 2015 is listed with a Install button to the right of it. If it is and there is an Install button Click on it to install LR CC 2015.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines