Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures Open Black and White

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help please?

Today I installed the free trial of photo shop. It was working fine and when I opened a new picture it was in its original colour. I was playing around with it and the picture went to black and white. (Unfortunately I can’t remember what I pressed to make it go black and white). The problem I now have is every picture I open on the Photoshop work space comes up black and white.

How do I revert back to the original setting please?

[Title edited by moderator for clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Did you try closing Photoshop and restarting it?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try closing Photoshop and restarting it?

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Roy and welcome to Photoshop. I can't think what you have done here if every picture you open is in black and white as there isn't an easy way to make it do that. I suppose it is possible you have somehow set a greyscale color profile or maybe you have a fancy monitor with a control that lets you switch it to greyscale. Rather than speculate as this is a new install just restore the Photoshop defaults, by pressing control-K or command-K and in the dialog below press the 'Reset Preferences on Quit' button. Then restart Photoshop.

reset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I closed photoshop then restarted it. It’s working correctly now and I appreciate how quick you responded.  Keep your eye on me because I’m as computer literate as a cabbage.

As Arnie would say - I’ll be back

Thanks again guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines