• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change tone-curve on export--Lightroom

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Blurb prints a book using my photos they come out slightly darker than seen on my calibrated monitor. I need to create a preset on export to brighten/lighten the darks. It can be done with a change in the tone curve. How do I create this preset?

Further info: it would be better if Blurb corrected the printing (as I do on the my prints) to make up for difference in reflected light from their paper and the brightness of a computer screen, but they do not. It is impractical to make duplicate corrected copies since the photos on file are corrected appropriately for all other printing and display functions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

To my knowledge, there isn't a way to create an export preset. You can apply presets during import, but I don't think that is what you want.  One thing you could consider would be to create a collection from which to create your Blurb book, and populate it with virtual copies. Then you could apply the tone curve to all of those virtual copies and design your book. After you have ordered the book you could then delete all of the virtual copies and the collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Blurb it might be better to adjust the brightness of your monitor to match one of your books, and then use that as the guideline for adjusting your images in the Lightroom. But to create the preset, just set the tone curve the way you want it and then create a new preset. Give it a name, and make sure that only the tone curve is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is how to create the preset? I can't find the mechanism to turn a tone curve in to an export preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, there isn't a way to create an export preset. You can apply presets during import, but I don't think that is what you want.  One thing you could consider would be to create a collection from which to create your Blurb book, and populate it with virtual copies. Then you could apply the tone curve to all of those virtual copies and design your book. After you have ordered the book you could then delete all of the virtual copies and the collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot add any editing work to an export preset.

For this, you would need to setup a development preset that contained only the tone curve. Unfortunately, this assumes that none of your photos have any tone curve adjustments already applied since development presets replace the old values instead of being additive.

In the library module, you can do "quick develop" edits that are additive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines