• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial period too short.

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Just have one simple question. Why is the trial period so short? it doesn't really give you a lot of time to learn/understand how to use the program. Especially if you're a first time user, or are not familiar with the latest version. What's with that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Full refund if you cancel within 14 days of signing up. So, effectively, a 21 day trial period if you can be bothered doing it that way.

Adobe - Subscription Terms

How to Extend Adobe Free Trials to 44 Days Long, Instead of 30 Days | ProDesignTools (now only 21 days, not 44)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't heard an official response from Adobe, but after reading some comments on the forums, I'm beginning to think it was due to several factors. One is that Adobe is attempting to release more updates and often at major release dates, they reset the trial periods, so people are using that to their advantage. The other possibility is that some people have found a work-around to the subscription model by using the trial period. IMO, Adobe reduced the trial period to make this work-around less desirable and more of a PIA. Unfortunately, if this is the case, a few unscrupulous people are ruining the trial period for everyone else. Again, this is just my guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck, what's the situation if you subscribe for a short period to evaluate, and cancel if you decide not to keep the subscription?  Is there always a penalty, or do you get a grace period (say one month) to firm up your subscription? 

I responded to a post earlier where the poster's system info show they were using version 14.0  It seemed kind of odd, and I wondered if this was a non legit installation that could not be updated?  With the Photographer's deal being so cheap, I really can't understand why people go to the trouble of stealing the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full refund if you cancel within 14 days of signing up. So, effectively, a 21 day trial period if you can be bothered doing it that way.

Adobe - Subscription Terms

How to Extend Adobe Free Trials to 44 Days Long, Instead of 30 Days | ProDesignTools (now only 21 days, not 44)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's kinda weird then, you see I had only 7 days using the whole thing. I'm not interested in the creative cloud part, just photoshop, as I like coloring illustrations, and just acquired a new book of them along with a cd of the images inside. Photoshop is the only program they work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to sign up then cancel.

7 day trial + 14 day membership (cancel prior to 14 days for full refund) = 21 day trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, that's what you meant. Alright, got it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JBLRMO2020 wrote:

That's kinda weird then, you see I had only 7 days using the whole thing. I'm not interested in the creative cloud part, just photoshop, as I like coloring illustrations, and just acquired a new book of them along with a cd of the images inside. Photoshop is the only program they work with.

What are the file extensions of the CD illustrations?  I think Irfanview can concert PSD files into JPGs.   There are other options for 'just colouring illustrations' like Krita which is free, but you will eventually become bored with its limitations, and want Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not interested in the creative cloud part, just photoshop

Then you are in luck. You can license just Photoshop and Lightroom for $9.99/mo. That's the best deal out there.

Lightroom and Photoshop | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines