• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

background doesn't show in pdf

Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to export a pdf from an indesign spread with one ai file used as the background of both pages - something I've done hundreds if not thousands of times - and the right side page is not exporting with the background file, it only shows up on the left page. I tried saving the ai as a pdf and that didn't help either. Anyone ever run into this before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I saved the ai as a pdf and then saved that as a tif in photoshop so that the pasteboard wouldn't save in the file <snore> and THAT finally worked. If anyone knows why the problem might have occurred to begin with so that I don't have to go through the whole process if this happens again, I'd appreciate that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would carefully check the composition of your PDF - is it exactly the same for both pages? then check the elements on the page - are they on the same layers? Does the box actually cover the right hand page? Finally, and maybe first thing, turn on Import Options and re-import the file.

I've had the same issue before - don't remember the actual fix. Good luck to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this previous answer:

Schermata 2017-01-12 alle 01.34.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!! You're a lifesaver, I've been looking for an answer to this problem for hours. Yours solution worked 100%...THANKS! ; )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i had an issue with a pdf and missing background images ... this hint saved my day

even logged in to comment, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines