• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mp4 videos only importing as video without audio

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working with home videos that I converted to Mp4 without issue, merging clips. Tonight my project wouldn't render. I did change the project name through "Save As" a few times, so did I run into a glitch or did I inadvertently change a setting. My previous projects have allowed mpeg and mp4 on the same project, the media I have added this time is all mp4.

The selected file cannot  be linked because its type (video) does not match the original file's type (audio and video). Both video and audio show up but they are red to indicate the files cannot be found. If I try to import a new mp4 through add media it is only bringing in the video.

I have kept the files that I am working on linked. Although I am familiar with unlinking frames.

Thanks for you help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Sounds like a couple of issues going here -- but mainly you've lost your connection to your original MP4 source files.

Doing Save As won't change this source file. It's still your original MP4s. In fact, nothing you do to your project settings will change the fact that your source files are MP4s. So I'm not sure what you mean by "The selected file cannot  be linked because its type (video) does not match the original file's type (audio and video). "

Only moving, deleting or changing the location o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the project setting is NTSC-AVCHD-FULL HD 1080i 30, which is what I have used for similar projects unless I changed it without realizing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the program is Adobe Premiere Elements 13, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a couple of issues going here -- but mainly you've lost your connection to your original MP4 source files.

Doing Save As won't change this source file. It's still your original MP4s. In fact, nothing you do to your project settings will change the fact that your source files are MP4s. So I'm not sure what you mean by "The selected file cannot  be linked because its type (video) does not match the original file's type (audio and video). "

Only moving, deleting or changing the location of your source MP4s will cause the broken links you describe. Are you saying that you started with MPEGs but, after you built your project, you changed your source files from MPEGs to MP4s?

Where on your computer are these files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The selected file cannot  be linked because its type (video) does not match the original file's type (audio and video). "

Probably because Elements does not 'see' the audio.

Delete all media cache in the preferences.

Also go to that folder mentioned in the Preferences and delete the rest manually.

Rename folder the footage is in and relink.

See if that will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exited the program and re-loaded it and deleted the mp4 file and reloaded it and the files were found and I am back on track.

Thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're up and running again! Please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines