• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem - Premiere pro CC 2017 Titler Crash?!

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone ,,
When i Create New title and try to use "type tool", the program crashes Every time giving the message shown below in the image

note:
My Text Engine In Preferences Is "South Asian and Middle Eastern"

Screenshot (24).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me as well. i tried changing Text Engine In Preferences to european but still crashing.
Kind of ridiculous i cant create titles in premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue!  I am up-to-date on Premiere CC 2017 11.0.1 and just started having this issue.  Working with a title, I create a text box or highlight old text and the app crashes immediately. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me as well - every time I copy a block of text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

We know about the one that happens with copy or cut. Sorry, we're working on it. You can Option + drag to copy, though.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me (CC 2017 11.0.1) still. Not only copy Issue, everytime I start the Title-Tool --> crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tillh,

Can you try that on a new project?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey any updates regarding the solution? It's happening to me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy (Edit>Copy  &  Command-C) in Premiere titler still crashing on multiple machines at our post facility.  All running Premiere 2017.0.1.   Opt-Drag is duplicated text layer, but that's not the functionality we need.  Would like to copy-paste text styles within a paragraph to same paragraph. 

Brand new Premiere project running on Mac Pro 2016, Mac Pro 2013,  and Macbook Pro 2013 all have the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Perry,

Copy (Edit>Copy & Command-C) in Premiere titler still crashing on multiple machines at our post facility.

Sorry, that is a known issue with version Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.0.1). You can reinstall 11.0 to avoid the issue.

Opt-Drag is duplicated text layer, but that's not the functionality we need. Would like to copy-paste text styles within a paragraph to same paragraph.

What we meant to say was "Option-drag text blocks WITHIN the Titler" to copy text. Sorry if that won't work for you. We are working on a fix for this issue right now. Hope to get that out soon.

Thank you,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

I have the same problem, and after crashing, even the project  crashes on restarting premiere with the project.

Thank you, Christian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think "Answered" should be taken down as really this is very much an ongoing problem. Have there been any other workarounds? I use copy/paste to do most of my spell checking and not having it available it getting very hard on my workflow.  I have tried creating new projects and every other suggestion and it is still not working.  Crashes every time.

Any other suggestions would be very helpful. 

Spelling words wrong is not something I want etched into the eternity of my clients youtube videos...

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kidgiantfilms,

I think "Answered" should be taken down as really this is very much an ongoing problem.

• The OP had a slightly different bug that actually was fixed, and the answer is correct so the answer remains as marked as answered.
  • You are hitting a bug that has not yet been fixed.

Have there been any other workarounds?

Reinstall and use version 11.0.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I install version 11.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on OS 10.10.5, Premiere Pro 2017.0.1. Creating a title roll, I enter text, but when I highlight text and hit Command-x the program crashes. Repeatable after a restart of both the computer and PPro. I'm getting other odd behavior as well. When I enter text in the middle of my text page, the centering and margins change when I hit the return key to add extra lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stumath,

You can reinstall version 11.0 to avoid the bug. We are working on a fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a problem with the titler when doing scrolling credits. It just hangs on the last still image I have before the credits. I reinstalled 11.0 and the bug is sill there. Help!

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is more than one bug issue with the Title Tool.  Moving text, resizing shapes, clicking on the text box to change the type...  Please fix ASAP.  And one or more of these issues have been happening in v11.0 as well (I think since the 2017 release.  Other users please correct me if I'm wrong.

The only workaround is to create titles in photoshop and importing them, huge pain....

I'm running v11.0.1 on a Mac Pro, latest OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe - Our team all use PP CC 2017, and the fact CMD C crashes the program surely is a priority for bug fixes??

This really had hindered any video progress. Don't become Apple and launch an update that doesn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too late for that...

"Don't become Apple and launch an update that doesn't work..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add to this...I'm still having crashes with command+c as well.  Why do I always instantly regret updating?  Every single time...some kind of major issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.
Me and my team are facing the same problem since last week. (PP CC 2017, v11.0.1; iMac 3,2Mhz i5 running macOS Sierra 10.12.2 with GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB)
And I had to really dig in this forum to finally find this thread!...

So: were is the fix????
My company as spent a lot of money acquiring all these licenses, and now it's not woking properly...
We need a solution!

inactiveforumnotifier​ and @kevin-monahan : downgrading is not a sollution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming shortly LuisN. Sorry that I have to ask for your patience.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing this issue - crashing when using title tool copy / paste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines