• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon 60D Raw files aren't recognized in PS5 anymore

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working in CS5 for several years with my Canon 60D camera. Suddenly I can't view the Raw (CR2) files in PS CS5 at all. I get a message reading: "Could not complete your request because the file appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera Raw.."

At this point I am also unable to close this error message window, or do anything at all in PS unless I shut PS down through the task manager.

So, then... following some advice on the Adobe forums, I downloaded the latest camera raw application (9_1_1) but I was still unable to open the images. So I went back on the forums, and read that I had to open PS go to help>about plug-ins and check out my version of PS, which is saying it has an older version 6.0.0.205 still in use.

So then I restart my computer thinking I needed to go that route and I still get a message saying PS can't read my images... and I also still can't shut down PS if I go into these other menus. I can work on jpeg files fine, but not the raw files. What am I doing wrong? Anyone have any idea? See my screen-grab example below.

ExampleRAW.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Run the setup to install the AAM update, then open Photoshop CS5, go to the Help menu > Updates and you can download and install all updates for CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS5 goes up to 6.7.1 and your current version is 6.0.0  You can't install 9.1.1, that is for CS6.

Photoshop should also be 12.0.4 and not 12.0

Download the AAM update Adobe - Adobe Application Manager : For Windows : Adobe Application Manager

and run Help > Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... sorry to sound a bit dumb here, I didn't realize the 9.1.1 version wouldn't work for CS5, but I'm still stumped on your reply. "run Help > Updates" ... where? I dowloaded the link you attached, [and I thank you for your support...] but I'm not sure where this "Help>updates" pull down lives. In CS5? Because the Help menu there doesn't have an "updates" tab. Or in the AAM... which shows two files called "Packages" and "resources" and a "Setup", which I setup. Then it also downloaded the Creative Cloud APPS page to download programs. But I don't see any "help>updates" point to go to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the setup to install the AAM update, then open Photoshop CS5, go to the Help menu > Updates and you can download and install all updates for CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you thank you thank you! I had been avoiding updating from Windows 7 to 10 because I'd heard all sorts of nightmares about compatibility with applications, but I eventually had to go ahead and do it and I think this might have contributed to my problem. But.. it's all good now. You are awesome! Many thanks to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines