• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Elements 13, imported Video & Audio out of synch?

Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first time, a clip I imported into my project has my granddaughter's singing out of synch with the video.  I played the video on the Mac from the original folder and its fine. so the problem seems to be following the import.  All the other clips I have imported into the same project are fine.

Can anyone explain this or suggest a solution.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Where is the clip from?

What file type, codec, and is it constant frame rate?

If it isn't constant frame rate, convert it to constant frame rate with Handbrake before importing it into Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the clip from?

What file type, codec, and is it constant frame rate?

If it isn't constant frame rate, convert it to constant frame rate with Handbrake before importing it into Premiere Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with Bob. This most often happens when you're editing video other than from a standard camcorder -- and is very common when you're using and encoder or recording software the save the video with a variable frame rate rather than a constant frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much Peru Bob and Steve.

I had originally converted a lot of clips using handbrake, as they had been downloaded to my ancient Windows computer.  When I replaced it with a Mac, I found the file was wrong.  I can assume the other clips were converted with a constant frame rate, but for some odd reason this granddaughter clip was variable.  The codec was the same as all the others. 

Anyway, in danger of an excited ramble here, I put it in Handbrake and changed to constant frame rate AND it is now perfectly in synch.  I love it when problems get solved.

Thanks again for your help both of you.

Joanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines