• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR CC(2015.8) slows down entire PC

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using LR from v5 right up to v6.8 with no performance problems at all until I decided to go to CC(2015.8) last weekend.

Surely this should perform exactly the same as v6.8?  I'm working on exactly the same Book as I was in v6.8 but after only 10 or 20 minutes it starts to slow down, it takes several seconds to select the next image, pop-up windows appear only as outlines etc.

This affects any other running programs too, not just LR.  The best way to revert to normal running is a reboot of the system.

Task Manager shows <5% CPU, <20% memory and <2% system disk usage (0% the other 3 drives).  LR's system info below:

Lightroom version: 6.8 [ 1099473 ]

License: Perpetual

Operating system: Windows 10

Version: 10.0

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 4.0 GHz

Built-in memory: 32696.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 32696.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 794.3 MB (2.4%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 759.2 MB

Memory cache size: 535.5 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

System DPI setting: 96 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1680x1050

Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

GeForce GT 610/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 355.82

Renderer: GeForce GT 610/PCIe/SSE2

LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom

Library Path: D:\Users\{username}\Pictures\Lightroom\Keiths LR6 Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: D:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) Canon Tether Plugin

2) Facebook

3) Flickr

4) HDR Efex Pro 2

5) Leica Tether Plugin

6) Nikon Tether Plugin

7) Photo Upload

Does anyone have any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Your licensing model is still on perpetual (LR 6) and not on subscription (CC 2015).

However, this does not have any influence on the performance, but you will miss out on the CC features.

Please update the Nvidia graphic card driver to the latest version and see if this helps: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/113448/en-us

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your licensing model is still on perpetual (LR 6) and not on subscription (CC 2015).

However, this does not have any influence on the performance, but you will miss out on the CC features.

Please update the Nvidia graphic card driver to the latest version and see if this helps: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/113448/en-us

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I noticed the licensing model too, but the splash screen and about... both show 2015.8

I'll get back about the driver later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After receiving your advice on updating the graphics card driver everything was working very sweetly so I didn't update it (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) until this evening when...

• LR CC 2015.8 had been running for 3 or 4 hours
  • I moved 16 photos into the LR Watched Folder.
  • Just 2 were automatically imported to my Newly Imported folder, but not renamed as they should have been and neither are they in the catalog, then the Import button was greyed-out.
  • I uninstalled LR CC 2015.8 and installed 2015.0 then updated to 2015.7
  • LR, when started, correctly imported the remaining files (and the original 2 once I'd moved them back to the Watched Folder).
  • After several minutes work in the Library, Develop and Book modules it suddenly slowed down as per my original problem above.

I have now rebooted in order to update this post and will then update the graphics card driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines