• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best product for web banners

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to ask the community what is the best product for creating web banners animated and static.

Also what is easiest to learn and are there any tutorials for that product showing how to create animated banners ?

appreciate any help.

Thanks

Louie

[Moderator - title amended for display clarity]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

I would recommend Animate CC for web banners. You can even include ad network specific code within them.

Here is a link: Step-By-Step HTML5 Ad Creation With Adobe Animate CC | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend Animate CC for web banners. You can even include ad network specific code within them.

Here is a link: Step-By-Step HTML5 Ad Creation With Adobe Animate CC | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Joseph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably going to be a little controversial here.

If you are creating web banners for your own page, and not for distribution as an ad. Then Photoshop would be my choice for a static banner, or for creating an animated gif for a simple animated banner.

If however the banner is a complexed animation then using css animations would be the ideal choice. Unfortunately there is NO software available for doing this that is not aimed at the experienced coder.

For banner ad creation with minimal coding skills, then CC Animate is probably the one to use, but all browsers are now starting to include ad and flash blockers as standard, requiring the user to agree to the inclusion of the ad/flash 'content'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use CC Animate to create HTML5 animations which are not blocked by Flash blockers because they're not Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Szalam wrote:

You can use CC Animate to create HTML5 animations which are not blocked by Flash blockers because they're not Flash.

Microsoft had withdrawn its intentions to block html5 ads by default, but add blockers are now available for Edge to do this anyway.

There is an interesting article here -

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3050475/windows/microsoft-no-microsoft-edge-will-not-natively-block-a...

That tries to clarify the original comments about Edge having ad blocking built-in, Opera has incorporated an ad-blocker in its developer preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joseph-

Just finished your instruction videos on Lynda and they really helped me get a start with Adobe Animation. I was able to create my first ad on my first try exactly as I wanted it.

I have just one question about exporting the final. What format do I publish in so that the final can be a banner ad on another company's website? Hoping that the animated ad will play on Apple iPhones/tablets but everything I see has been Flash-based.

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome

For native web - you can use either "HTML5 Canvas" or "WebGL (Preview)" as the Animate CC publish profile. I'd focus on HTML5 Canvas for web ads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to learn how to create png, html5, and gif banners. Similar to the ones on this page Explore Our Professional Banner Designs | Smartketer . My question is can I just use one adobe software to create banners of all 3 formats or do I need to use more than one? I've heard animate cc is good for html5 but I doubt you can create static png banners with animate cc. I just want to know before I take the time to learn. I need some sold advice on this.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate can create all 3 formats you mention and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You''ll likely find that there isn't a one-size fits all application. While Animate can create all 3 formats you've asked about as you work with or collaborate with other designers you'll be expected to know your way around Photoshop. Most digital designers are fluent in 3 or more applications in a broad sense and have expertise in at least one.

The good news with Adobe applications is that many of the principles that you learn in one app will carry over to others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main purpose is to create banner ads for digital health companies in all 3 formats. Nothing else. Just banner ads only. So I would still need to learn more than one software? What's the point if animate can do all 3? Also, I keep hearing that photoshop and indesign are best for banner ads so I'm still a little confused there. I can understand that there's not a one size fits all for web design in general, but if I am specifically only doing web banner ads then I would think I would only need one type of software. But thanks for you guys help.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you be designing from scratch? Or will you be handed all the materials needed to build a banner with? It's difficult to imagine a scenario where one app alone will do everything you need. It's almost never that easy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly will probably design them from scratch, but I would still ask the company for their logo, what colors, and things of that nature. As of right now I am good at designing basic static png banners from scratch with canva.com. But still need to work more on developing this skill set. Also, I emailed the company about the banners I saw on this page Explore Our Professional Banner Designs | Smartketer but They didn't respond. I'm assuming their using indesign or animate cc. But these are the the only 3 formats that I will be designing. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and learn animate, photoshop, and indesign.

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learning new apps is fun and addicting... check the application specific forums to find links to tutorials to start with. You can start with a 7-day free trial and go through the beginner tutorials in each to get you on your way. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bamaboy89  wrote

I emailed the company about the banners I saw on this page Explore Our Professional Banner Designs | Smartketer but They didn't respond.

This banner was made with Adobe Edge.  How do I know?  I looked at the source code.

Untitled

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to see the source code of the gif, static png, and facebook banners? If they're all created in animate cc, then that pretty much answers all the questions I've had. I will just stick with learning animate cc since my only purpose is to create banner ads for the web.

Thanks Nancy

Aaron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so we're perfectly clear.  Animated ads that you post on Google, etc.. have certain requirements. 

Facebook doesn't accept anything other than animated GIF.  Whereas Google wants you to use HTML5 animation.  They no longer accept Flash ads. 

If it's for your personal website and you have full access to the code, you can do whatever you want.  If you plan to upload it to Wix or Adobe Portfolio and you don't have full access to code, you need to find out which file types your web console supports.

First determine which output you require and then use the right tools for the job.   If you do this for a living, you'll need experience with multiple file types and tools. 

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think all of this goes to show how unfocussed Adobe's approach is.

Too many tools for the same job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd rephrase that to say that designers use whatever tool they are comfortable with or what's being used in their company.

Most companies use Ps or InDesign since both products can produce print and digital content.

I'm partial to InDesign since it has much better type, layout and scripting capabilities. Further, some companies have build solutions for HTML banners out of ID see: How to Create an Animated Web Banner with InDesign & in5 . Here are some other reasons to use ID:

1. Much better at handling large assets and 100s of pages/banners than other products
  2. Extensible
  3. Liquid layout to set rules
  4. Animation features that can help create animated overview docs for review easily using publish online or PDF
  5. On Brand across Print and Digital.

I think the holy grail is to do print and web design in one app and use extensibility to get whatever output you want.

Hope this helps.

--Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Animate CC and I tried to import PNG images and it just gave me a a blue square box, was trying to create a 728x90 banner I am really a beginner a newbie if you will lol, Just want to try making some animated banners, it would be nice to have different animated styles but for now I can go with whatever preset animation there are.

So what is better for me as a Newbie, Photoshop or Animate CC,

also would like to know if there are any video tutorials out there to help me learn

Thanks really appreciate the help and feedback.

Louie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discussion is a little to long to be re-directed to a specific forum, but I would suggest that asking in both forums for 'best learning' resources for what you wish to do is the recommended course of action at this point.

For PhotoShop - https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/content

For CC Animate - https://forums.adobe.com/community/animate/animate_general/content?filterID=contentstatus[published]...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you all for your advise and feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LouieBlu wrote:

Animate CC,

also would like to know if there are any video tutorials out there to help me learn

Louie

Hi Louie, if Animate CC is the tool you want to use then I would recommend starting here

Adobe Animate CC: HTML5 Banner Ad Creation 101 (S2746)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend Edge Animate CC for web banners. Canvas is still not recommended. It is slow for most users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines