Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC/ Lightroom Trial

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded a free trial of CC/Lightroom 6 but decided to purchase a standalone copy on disk rather than purchase a download. I decided to delete the Lightroom and Creative Cloud trial from my Windows 7 computer using 'Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs' even though it still had 2 days to run in preparation to install the standalone program fro disk.. This has only been part successful. It has removed CC and, as far as I can tell, the Lightroom program but it has left the Lightroom icon in my 'All Programs List'. If I click on the icon, it opens a box asking me to upgrade my catalogue so it seems as if part of the software has been left behind. Reading the forums in hindsight, I now realise that I should have uninstalled using the CC Desktop utility. Can anyone tell me if the remaining bits of software will prevent me installing my Lightroom 6 disk successfully or will it just install over any remaining bits of the free trial? Is there anything that I can do to rectify the situation?

Thanks in advance..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Go to the Lightroom menu: Help > Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Relaunch Lightroom and click Sign In Now

Click the button - License This Software

Enter serial number – 24 digits starting 1160 & click Next

Lightroom will launch as LR6

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was really no need to uninstall the trial. Normally you simply convert to stand-alone using the serial number from your disk packaging.

Go ahead with the disk installation and if it launches as a trial – see this link for steps to convert from LR Cc to LR6.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your fast reply. I realised that I didn't have to uninstall after it was too late. I just went ahead and did what I (incorrectly) thought was the right thing to do. Thanks also for your advice and the link which is much appreciated....I'm just a bit wary now and want to make sure that I won't compound the problem if I go ahead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be no problem! You will probably get the option to convert your catalog (work done in the trial) or you can choose a new name e.g. LRcatalog2 if you wish to start over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Cheers!  I will try installing tomorrow when I've got more time to spare. Thanks again for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install my standalone copy of lightroom 6 from disk and constantly get the following message:

"We've encountered the following issues

Another installer is currently running which must be closed
before installing this product. Please close other installers."

There are no other installers running and I suspect that this is being caused by the remnants of the program left behind as described in my original post.

Can anyone help me with this problem please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have the Creative Cloud Desktop installed? If so go to the apps tab and click on Install/Try/Buy in order to re-install the program.

If the installation is successful follow the steps in my link to convert to LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just re-installed CC and have chosen 'Try' Lightroom 2015 which has also installed correctly. CC tells me that I have one day trial left. Do you think it might be wise to wait until tomorrow after the trial expires before converting (I'm in no rush) or should it be ok to convert now?

Thanks again for your fast response and help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be OK to convert now. Do you see a button to “Buy” or “licence this Software” – simply click and continue. After licensing with your serial number remain signed in (your email should show under the help menu) and you should only need to do this one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the I day trial left box with a button to "licence this software" and also my email address appears in the LR help menu.

Sorry to ask so many questions but is it best to click on that button or to follow the instructions in the link to concert to LR6?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Lightroom menu: Help > Sign Out <your email address>

Quit Lightroom

Relaunch Lightroom and click Sign In Now

Click the button - License This Software

Enter serial number – 24 digits starting 1160 & click Next

Lightroom will launch as LR6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Success !!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much for your patience and all of your help which is much appreciated.

Now I can use this fantastic program with my Nikon D500.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines