• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR6 does not recognise Gopro images- will not import

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, i hope you are all great! My LR6 doesnt recognise the gopro files and will not import them (i use a macbook pro). Both video files and photographs from my Gopro Hero 3.

What can i do to allow LR6 to recognise and import the files so that i can edit them

Look forward to hearing from you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

BUT- surely LR6 should be advanced enough to import GoPro files etc

The way you think Lightroom should work is not the way it does work. You need to update (not upgrade) your software to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to the most recent version, which is Lightroom 6.8

Help->Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou, I will try that- BUT- surely LR6 should be advanced enough to import GoPro files etc...I don't understand why I should need to upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUT- surely LR6 should be advanced enough to import GoPro files etc

The way you think Lightroom should work is not the way it does work. You need to update (not upgrade) your software to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one more issue- I have now imported the files, so that's good! I now want to develop them, but I am being told that the files are offline or missing- I have tried to locate them, -as per LR instructions- click on 'i' and click 'locate' but to no avail. (It just brings me to a menu, and so far I hvnt been able to find them

How can I locate them. But mainly- how can I prevent this from happening - as this has happened before on LR3, which is why I upgraded to LR6. Am I doing something wrong when importing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Am I doing something wrong when importing?

Likely the case indeed. You need to make sure your images get copied over to your hard drive in the import process. You are likely using "Add" in import and then ejecting the memory card/goPro which makes the files now inaccessible to Lightroom. You need to use Copy and select a good location for your images to now live so that Lightroom can access them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou dj_paige !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines