• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to open a copy of an already open PDF in a new tab instead of a new window?

Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to open a copy of an already open PDF in a new tab instead of a new window? thx.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are referring to the "Window>New Window" command. This will always open a new window. You have two options to display the same document twice: Either via "New Window", or via "Split" - in which case the current view gets split into two, and you can independently scroll. That's it, there are no other options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I am aware of these options, but was hoping to find a work-around, or just a command that would convert an open window to a tabbed window when needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new window select the tab with the file name and drag it to the other window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I realize this is the way. I was hoping to automate it, since I do use this technique often. But KeyboardMaestro won't be able to handle the action if it has no menu option in Acrobat (or at least, I don't think so).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, this may be possible through recording actions in KBM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines