• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom setup file does not open.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - so I did the recent update to LR 6 - and then following directions restarted my computer - when I tried to access LR again I got that api - message.

I googled it - found instructions to fix it - none of the instructions work.

I do not have the original diskette I used to download LR when I first installed it - it is at another location a few states away - and I will not have access to it for a few weeks.

So I am looking for a way to fix my issue. People have said this is a Microsoft issue - but why did the latest update on LR cause the issue?

Am I stuck until I can reinstall LR or is there a fix I have not tried to make it work again?

I am using Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1 on a laptop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tomj,

You can download Lightroom 6 from this link Install Photoshop Lightroom and then update it to latest version following Keeping Lightroom Up-to-Date 

Once done refer the link Error :api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing  and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I do this right - do I "run" or "save as" when I go to install LR 6? I tried to "run" but then it asked what program did I want to use to open it - since I did not know I just canceled it.

Can you please tell me the steps I should follow as I think this might fix my problem - keep in mind I am no where near a tech geek to know all the ins and outs of doing this kind of thing.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am moving this discussion to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up so that experts can assist you with installation query.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tomj81837175 you can find detailed steps on how to download and install Adobe applications, including Lightroom, at How to download, install, and activate Adobe applications .

When downloading the software you will want to save it to your computer locally.  Once the download is complete you can then begin the installation process.  Additional details can be found at How to download, install, and activate Adobe applications .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the link but it will not let me open it - says I am not authorized to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when I go to the LR page to download Lightroom_6_LS11 - it downloads but then asks what program to open it - and no matter what I try it will not open the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tomj81837175 can you please post a screen shot of the error you are seeing?  You can find details on how to post a screen shot at FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines