• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamics is obsolete. What's the new alternative to limiter?

Engaged ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up a audio limiter for the master track. without using an obsolete effects. Dynamics effect was my choice.

What am I supposed to use now? Can't understand how to use Dynamic Processing and have the same result.

[Locking this thread so that discussion can remain on one thread: Dynamics is obsolete in CC 2017. Dynamics processing HOW TO needed!  — Mod.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. in the Audio Track mixer window, click the small arrow in the left up corner

2. click the small arrow will show up when you move your cursor in any empty slot for master track or targeted track

- Amplitude and Compression > Multiband Compressor

3. Double click on Mutliband compressor

4. specify the threshold and attack and release and margin for the limiter

Muhannad,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have disabled the compression in the four channels, and I'm now using just the limiter option. I need to set it to -6dB but I can't go lower than -5dB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is hope for NOT having Dynamics obsolete.

I filled out the Premiere Pro Feature Request/Bug Report Form asking Adobe to permanently bring back the Dynamics effect and take it off the obsolete list. Coca-Cola Classic is a good example where users were able to persuade a large corporation to change its mind. Your vote counts. Let Adobe know.

The Dynamics audio effect is the most heavily used and important effect I depend on. What will happen when Adobe in a few releases removes the Dynamics effect? Will over 300 videos I edited for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations suddenly not be re-editable after spending hundreds of hours carefully adjusting the Dynamics settings for each video. If this happens, I can assure you that thousands of my end users will be vehemently upset.

Why is Dynamics so important? It is very easy to use, and extremely powerful with compression, limiter, gate, and other features in a single dialog. The controls are very interactive and adjustable on the fly. The compressor level meter (bar) lets me quickly see how much audio compression is used when listening to various sections of the video. End users often ask me why my audio is so consistently good. The Dynamics effect is why. I cannot live without it.

I would encourage everyone to fill out the Feature Request/Bug Report Form to strongly let Adobe know that obsoleting the Dynamics audio effect is not acceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filled out the Premiere Pro Feature Request/Bug Report Form to ask Adobe to bring back the Dynamics effect and take it off the obsolete list. I encourage everyone to do the same.

The Dynamics effect is my NUMBER ONE effect. It is the best Premiere audio effect Adobe ever created. I have used it for years. It is like a Swiss army knife - indispensable. If Adobe eventually removes it, whenever I re-edit something, I will have to waste time to redo all my compression, limiting, etc.. This is painful and very costly!

In the real world, clients often want me to re-edit an older video. Why should I be forced to waste valuable time redoing compression with their inferior Dynamics Processing effect so Adobe can save a few pennies by eliminating Dynamics. This makes no sense.

Coca-Cola made the same mistake with Coke. But they realized their mistake after users screamed bloody murder. Coca-Cola found a solution with "Classic Coke". Instead of "Obsolete Audio Effects", Adobe should have "Classic Audio Effects". Make the Dynamics effect a permanent feature of Premiere Pro.

Please dear reader. Fill out a Feature Request/Bug Report Form, and demand that Adobe permanently bring back the Dynamic effect so it is no longer obsolete! It worked for "Classic Coke". Why not for Dynamics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe product teams do monitor requests made through that feature request/bug report form. The more people post there, the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines