• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with scaling Photoshop CS6 on Surface Pro 4

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieved a Surface Pro 4 as a gift to use as a graphics tablet.  I installed Photoshop CS6 Extended to it, but I ran into the issue of the UI being too small.  I've already looked into workarounds and fixes for the scaling, but haven't been successful in finding something that will work. I tried using the registry fix with the manifest, but CS6 is still scaling way too small to be useful. I also tried disabling/enabling scaling in the Compatibility tab in Properties.  Can anyone help with getting CS6 to scale properly?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

The registry change and an external Photoshop manifest  file  worked for me with several versions of Photoshop CC on my surface pro 3 so I could test with 1.25x and 1.5X scaling since Adobe Photoshop UI 2X scaling does not fit on the Surface pro 3 machine it would fit on a Surface Pro 4.  The Manifest file I use was the same in all version of Photoshop.  It would work with CS6..

Two Days ago new Windows 10 Preview build 15002 Microsoft enhanced its Display scaling. You can  scale cs6 without a r

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a registry hack out there. You would need to Google it. Not sure if it will work with CS 6 or not

Beyond that there isn't anything else you can do.

CS6 was not developed to work on high rez screens like the Surface 4 so you are out of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's the workaround with making a manifest in the registry.  I tried doing that, but it's either not working or the program isn't recognizing the manifest.  I tried several times to use that method, but every time I launch the program it either gives me an error of "Does not meet requirements" with something in regards to PhotoshopPortable, or it just doesn't scale (at least, I'm not seeing a difference in the scale).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The registry change and an external Photoshop manifest  file  worked for me with several versions of Photoshop CC on my surface pro 3 so I could test with 1.25x and 1.5X scaling since Adobe Photoshop UI 2X scaling does not fit on the Surface pro 3 machine it would fit on a Surface Pro 4.  The Manifest file I use was the same in all version of Photoshop.  It would work with CS6..

Two Days ago new Windows 10 Preview build 15002 Microsoft enhanced its Display scaling. You can  scale cs6 without a registry mod and manifest file.  It is done with a setting  in your CS6 shortcut use to launch CS6.  This will be in the Microsoft's next major release of Windows 10.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines