• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE stops responding before library ebook downloads or as soon as I try to move ebook to Kobo

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been using ADE to transfer Overdrive ebooks from the Toronto Public Library to my Kobo since I received it few weeks ago, but today when I tried to download an ebook from the library website it started the download, but when the progress bar reached the end it froze and the program stopped responding. I have tried closing the program and retrying the download several times and the same thing happens.

When I re-open ADE after force closing it I do see the ebook I was trying to download, sometimes multiple times, so I have attempted to transfer it to my Kobo, however ADE stops responding as soon as I start the transfer. I have tried to transfer both by dragging and dropping and by right-clicking the title in my library.

I tried uninstalling ADE using the default uninstaller and reinstalling it, and got the same result. I tried uninstalling ADE using Revo Uninstaller so that absolutely everything to do with the program was removed, then reinstalling it, and got the same result. I tried opening this ebook and ADE also stopped responding. I tried removing this ebook from ADE and redownloading it from Overdrive, but I run into the same problem.

I'm running Windows 10 and my Kobo is the Kobo Aura.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This same problem seems to have existed for a long time.  In spite of many posts of it, I have not seen a single post that explains what is wrong, only a work around using Calibre.  I wonder what Adobe thinks of using Calibre to remove DRM because ADE couldn't.

Tech support is useless.  The one I talked to said he could not answer it, but if I posted it to Forums, I would have an answer within a few hours.  Try telling that to posters who have waited years without an answer.

If the only legal software doesn't work and Adobe refuses to help, what can we do?  I guess use Calibre and break the copyright law?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines