• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Out of town..need help with getting Lightroom to new computer. Don't have serial numbers with me.

Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently out of town due to family stuff and have purchased a new computer(laptop). On my old laptop I have Photoshop 5 and Lightroom 3/5. I didn't bring my software with me other than somehow I did bring Lightroom 5 upgrade with me. Problem is I installed the 5 and it wants my Lightroom 3 serial number which I don't have with me. Is there a way to find the number on my old computer? I also have Photoshop 5 on my old computer but don't have software with me. I don't want to have to purchase these again but need them on my new computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 23, 2016 Dec 23, 2016

Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom and look for a file named Lightroom 3.0 Registration.lrreg. Open  it with a Text editor and the LR 3 serial number is list as Serial_number = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

It will also be in the LR 5 Reg file as original_serial_number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you registered your Lr 3 with Adobe, your serial number is in your Adobe account under "My Products" or chat with Customer Care.

Contact Customer Care and see if they can find it.  If not, ask if there's a way to unlock the upgrade.  Challenge Code system.

If you have an email from Adobe for Lr 3, that's another place to look.

Worse comes to worse, upgrade to Lr 6 using Lr 5's serial as the qualifying product. You can purchase online and get it now.

Download and install Lightroom 6 (Single App license)

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem....

I had a different Adobe id but I don't have the email account I had before and can't remember the password. I'm out of state right now and might have it written down somewhere at home but don't know when I'll be going back since I'm taking care of a family member right now. I would purchase Lightroom 6 but I don't think it will take my serial number from Lightroom 5 since it won't let me use 5 because I don't have Lightroom 3's serial number with me. I'm so disgusted with Adobe since they don't want to talk to you to help with their products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very sure you can use the serial from 5 to upgrade to 6. When I used Photoshop, the CS4 upgrade number worked for CS6.

They won't ask for 3 after you entered 5.

If you want to be sure, just call Sales tomorrow.  800-585-0774

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Lightroom and look for a file named Lightroom 3.0 Registration.lrreg. Open  it with a Text editor and the LR 3 serial number is list as Serial_number = "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

It will also be in the LR 5 Reg file as original_serial_number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm up and running. Thank you so much for the help. Now I need to get to other forum to see about Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would anybody know the Mac equivalent for the serial number location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much

I can't find any lightroom 5 reference - got as far down as the lightroom folder but can't see anything that matches.  But I'll keep looking - thanks for your reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulah45003291 wrote:

Thanks so much

I can't find any lightroom 5 reference - got as far down as the lightroom folder but can't see anything that matches. But I'll keep looking - thanks for your reply

I'm not a MAC person, maybe that's the problem, but this is too vague for me to understand what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paulah45003291 wrote:

Thanks so much

I can't find any lightroom 5 reference - got as far down as the lightroom folder but can't see anything that matches. But I'll keep looking - thanks for your reply

Not sure what you mean by Reference but in the document link to by dj_paige it right at the bottom of the list for Mac OS X.

Serial number

/Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 5.0 Registration

That is on the Macintosh HD in the Users folder then under your User Name then Library (but OS X doesn't like to display that folder unless you have something like Show all files turned on or Show System file and folder in the Finder preferences) then the Lightroom folder and the File you are looking for is named "Lightroom 5.0 Registration". Open it in a Text editor, Text Edit.app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Finder menu, you can choose Go > Go to Folder and paste or enter the path as well.

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 3.56.14 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks all - sorry if I wasn't specific, I was trying to find the file but could get as far as the lightroom folder, but not see that particular file. But then I did the Go > Go to Folder and pasted and found it that way.  Eureka!

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines