• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIle Size when selecting "copy source" is too large?

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling with file size. I have an old video that is 62mb and 4:15 long. After loading it up in PE15, I cut out about a minute. When I go to export it, even clicking the "Match Source" button, the file size balloons to 121mb and the bitrate has tripled to 6Mbps. Isn't the "Match Source" supposed to match the source?

How can I get it down to a reasonable size?Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot depends on a lot. Like if your project settings match your video specs. Does it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So "match source" does not actually match the source, I have to change the project settings manually to whatever my video source is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Match Source matches many of the specs of the original footage (resolution, frame rate, bit rate) -- but it doesn't produce an exact clone of the original footage. Especially when you're working with a format, like MP4, whose file size can vary widely depending on compression, iFrames, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Filesize is determined by duration x bitrate.

I would not use match source but use a preset.

If the file is for Youtube, web, pc  set fields to progressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines