Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shake Reduction and Time Stretch

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a clip that I want to speed up (400%) and which is quite shaky - that means I also want to use shake reduction.

But if I want to use both it says "Shake Reduction and Speed can't be used on the same clip".

Is there any workaround? I couldn't find anything about that in the internet 😕

I just started to use Premiere Elements 15 (trial version), I used iMovie before and I didn't have this problem in this very amateurish program.

This is essential for me, because I need that feature quite often and I would like to buy PE15, but it doesn't make sense for me without this feature 😞

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Well, if you've got a program that does what you want, there's no crime is using it for that particular task. I have several programs on my computer, and some do things better than others.

But that said, the workaround would be to first use Shake Reduction and then use Export & Share/Device/Computer to output that footage. Then add the exported footage to your project and add Time Stretch or Time Remapping to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you've got a program that does what you want, there's no crime is using it for that particular task. I have several programs on my computer, and some do things better than others.

But that said, the workaround would be to first use Shake Reduction and then use Export & Share/Device/Computer to output that footage. Then add the exported footage to your project and add Time Stretch or Time Remapping to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you for the answer! Yes I also thought about exporting everything first and then include it again, but I'm doing a lot of videos and I use this feature a lot and that would mean a lot more work for me 😞

But on the other hand I also miss a lot of features in iMovie.

I still need to decide which program is more suitable for me. But at least I know that PE15 can not do what I want. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please mark this question as correctly answered, Schecke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines