Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

I have a basic understanding of InDesign but I am having great trouble with creating a TOC.  I have the elements that I want to include in the TOC and they have designated paragraph styles.  When I go to Edit Table of Contents Style and add my selected paragraph styles under include then click okay but it's not populating.  Are there any step by step tutorials I could follow?? Any help would be appreciated! I am under deadline and am desperate! Some of the paragraph styles are on master pages - is this why they aren't populating?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the TOC in a book file or in an individual file? If it's in a book file, be sure to enable Include Book documents (I forget that on a regular basis! )
InDesign CCss_003.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know it's a really silly question to ask: But you are remembering to tell your application where to put the TOC either before or after you try and create the TOC by clicking on the relevant page or text frame etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines