• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Rigging and Lip sync test video

Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one of many new characters I am currently working on. Here is a video I made today to test out the rigging lip sync and blinks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another one also in the works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another portfolio test character we have built (working on Mickey next)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have Mickey Mouse done before end of the week

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are amazing as always! Love the Lego guy especially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another one we're currently building

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultimately these are just simple samples we're making for a portfolio, to show examples of how they can work. If we were working on them properly, we would make them much more advanced, with turns, motions and a lot more cycle triggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome. I will be sending anyone who asks for freelance puppets your way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks We've also made big headway using OBS. My brother has it working on Facebook live perfectly now too and in Skype. Earlier we even managed to overlay the puppet from his office across down, to my video feed, using Skype. OBS and FB live. My internet is too slow, so the lag ruined it, but anyone with half decent web network, it would work perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting up a page for the service http://digitalpuppets.co.uk/

Digital Puppets - Look Creative Studios bringing charcters to life!

Still adding new videos to it. Later this evening we are working on a demo video to showcase how easy it is to use, for consumers, not animators. Has Adobe ever thought about creating a front end package, so if we wanted to sell puppets to customers, they can just use a simpler program with the motion capture and not all the backend programming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. That's definitely a realistic possibility down the road.

Awesome about FB Live and Skype. You'll have to teach me how to do it on Skype, haven't seen that before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm Scotts brother Ant and been working with him on the designs, love Character Animator think its has massive potential.

We managed to get skype working using OBS and its pretty simple to set up, just display capture a portion of one screen for the CA character then overlay that onto a window capture of Skype. We then are able to use OBS to live stream direct to facebook and show the character and person on skype live that can then interact with any facebook comments 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ant and I will be doing a LIVE test today on Facebook at 4.30 (UK time, I think thats 11.30am on US East coast, 8.30am US West coast, and 11.30 pm AUS Perth, and around 5.30 mainland Europe) You can view the test if you follow our LOOK 3D page at https://www.facebook.com/look3dstudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is screen record of the Facebook live test. The audio is pretty pants because our main mic literally broke on the day, as luck would have it (its been on a stand for over a year, I take it down to reposition and bang, its dead) so we ended up with the built in webcam mic which aint great and isn't a shotgun mic, so it picks up a lot of noise from nearby cpu. Anyway, the main thing was to test if we could broadcast to Facebook live, and yes we can.

Digital Puppets Facebook live test - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a character Ants been working on. We want to create a few characters to make into Youtube channels. We've already made Wizzy and Mr Chippy. This is Ants BOOKIE and I still have my cartoon learning character I want to make, How?e. We have a lot planned, though we've been held up a little as we've been working on our www.digitalpuppets.co.uk page and facebook page www.facebook.com/digitalpuppetstudio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the idea of character-driven YouTube channels - seems like a great idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like the ideal use for digital puppets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been working on lots of new characters lately, many of them for customers. Here is one I completed this evening for a Twitch gamer from the US.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! Super fluid animations as usual. I've seen several Twitch streamers start to use CH now - I suspect you'll be seeing more requests keep coming in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm making another one Wednesday, Ant just finished another today. I'm doodling a concept for a big youtuber right now. What would be good if Character Animator had a front end app, so customers who just want to use the puppets have access to the program, just to control the puppet, as they wont want to use the rigging side of things. A version where they literally upload the puppet and its ready to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you are right, virtual avatars are going to take off big time I think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've talked about that in the past, yes - a simpler front end in some form or another. We will be having something in the next release that we hope will make this process a little easier for people within the app, but I don't think it's far fetched to imagine more applications to interact with puppets in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im visiting a theatre next week that want to discuss use of a puppet on stage, and its customers like him, and most non designer youtubers, who would appreciate a parred down version to use. No one I have spoken to have grumbled about the price, its more that it can overwhelm them if they arent use to designer software. Of course we can talk them through it quick enough but a nice user friendly version for non designers would be very good indeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it would be beneficial for CH if there was an app the public could download to use puppets upload. Look how people use Snap Chat and other apps like that, to do funny cartoon faces. If there was something like that, which worked with CH, then designers would see a spike in demand, and the public would have something fun to play with, and it would be a good front end for customers to use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oksamurai  schrieb

We've talked about that in the past, yes - a simpler front end in some form or another. We will be having something in the next release that we hope will make this process a little easier for people within the app, but I don't think it's far fetched to imagine more applications to interact with puppets in the future.

That would be a stunner!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines