• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Display Style

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Struggling trying to figure out how to change the units displayed in After Effects 5.5 timeline it shows up with values of:

02f, 04f, 06f, 08f

I'm not sure if these units are seconds or what.  I'm very new to the application and every time I start a new composition these are the values displayed.  I've already tried going to File-->Project Settings and making should its set to time-code and not frames, but I can't figure what the values mean.  Most tutorials show values of seconds these I could not recognize.  Please help.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017
I'm not sure if these units are seconds or what.

these are frames. the reason you are seeing frames and not seconds is because the timeline units change according to how zoomed in are you. if you are zoomed out all the way and the duration is long enough, you will see seconds, even minutes and on rare occasions - HOURS!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if these units are seconds or what.

these are frames. the reason you are seeing frames and not seconds is because the timeline units change according to how zoomed in are you. if you are zoomed out all the way and the duration is long enough, you will see seconds, even minutes and on rare occasions - HOURS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the help. you're definitely right. i realized that when i started my composition i set it to 1 second instead of 1 minute. like you said i was totally zoomed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help. thanks for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines