• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Warning: older Cinema 4d render engine is running

Explorer ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to activate the new Cinema 4d renderer in After Effects version 14.0.1.5 on a 27-inch iMac (2013) I get following warning:

"3D layers may not render correctly because an older CINEMA 4D render engine is running.

- if using a CINEMA 4d installation rorender, reset to the default in the renderer options.

- Close all versions of After Effects and restart CC 2017 by itself.

- After restarting, choose Edit > Purge > All Memory & Disk Cache."

Tried all options and there is no older version of Cinema 4d renderer running. Activity Monitor.app says /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Plug-ins/MAXON CINEWARE AE/(CINEWARE Support)/bin/CineRenderAE.app/Contents/MacOS/CineRenderAE is running.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently having the same problem... followed the directions twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with 14.0.1.5--this is on a late 2015 iMac, 4GHz i7 running Sierra.

Oddly, I don't have this issue on an old 2011 iMac.

I have tried the instructions provided in the warning message, didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thus far, I created a new cinema 4D layer just to open Lite, and it said I needed to update Cinema 4D. So I did, and then when I went back to After Effects, I still get the error message, but it renders properly now... but incredibly slow. Following the directions didn't really change much after this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. it renders but PAINFULLY slow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to reinstall the AE, didn't help..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even after the latest update (version 14.1.0.57 from February 2017) nothing changed. Same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I've got the problem after the latest update.. Now trying to find a way to downgrade the AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robereke,

Here's what I have from the team:

This warning is explained in the release notes: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/after-effects-cc-in-depth-new-features/

The CINEMA 4D renderer includes improvements to the CINEMA 4D engine, which are required to render certain cases correctly. (The CINEMA 4D renderer and CINEWARE share the same engine, however these improvements are not applicable to CINEWARE.) If you get this warning, we recommend resetting After Effects to use the default CINEMA 4D engine until an update for CINEMA 4D R18 with the engine improvements is released, which is expected shortly after the release of After Effects CC 2017.

To do this:

1. Open the Composition Settings dialog.
  2. Click on the 3D Renderer tab and choose the CINEMA 4D renderer.
  3. Click the Options button.
  4. Click the Choose Installation Click the Defaults button.

Please let us know if this info helps:

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this does not solve this problem for me. It's frustrating because the Cinema 4D renderer works amazingly smoothly on my older computer, but on my brand new one it's unusable.

I am running the most recent update of AE 2017 on a new Macbook Pro with these specs:

Processor: 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16G

Radeon Pro 460 4096 MB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

I have tried reinstalling, updating AE, updating C4D, resetting to defaults on the C4D renderer as you suggested, and nothing has worked so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps as well and the warning still popped up the very next time AE was opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello fellow cinema4d lite users. Maybe I've found a solution. Make File > New > MAXON CINEMA 4D File. In CINEMA 4D Lite open Preferences > Renderer and check Custom Number of Render Threads: for me 16 seems to work fine (I'm on an iMac with 4 cores).

No more error warnings and the render speed is fantastic. Everything works like a charm again. Good luck to you also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know. Just tried doing that, still getting the error message and C4D renderer super slow in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the happiness was short-lived. Not sure why, but have the same problems again. Error message and impossible to use because of its slowness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me! but just tried it, hopefully it stays that way. Thanks mate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2017 Feb 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset Cinema 4d render install defaults, purged my cache, restarted, and set render threads to 16 in Cinema 4d's prefs. None of that changed anything at all for me. I'm on iMac 3.1 GHz i5, 16Gb Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, same here. Was working well a while ago but suddenly just re-appeared again. Now can't work with 3d again.

I'm on MacBook Pro 2016, 2.7Ghz, 16GB Ram Radeon Pro 455 2048 MB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad. I think Adobe should compensate people of not being able to use the software at it's full capacity, much so if they are paying 50 euros every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. and it's not like we're hearing any concrete feedback from them. 😕 really frustrating as 3d rendering was one of the things I was most excited about with AE2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had contact with a nice Adobe technician, exchanging all kinds of information and doing all kind of tests, but up till now without succes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rodolfo Angelo,

Very sorry that this is occurring to you. We are having difficulty reproducing this error. Can you (and others on the thread) please file a bug?

Thanks!
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 students in my class having the same issue. Never installed After Effects on their brand new Mac Pro. Has there been any fix to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. There is no fix up till now, but I'm convinced the next After Effects cc update will fix the problem. Hopefully the update will not take too long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My Network has a Manual IP 192.168.1.12. I choose it instead of a automatic DHCP.

I Reset all preset (DHCP ..IP ..  of it and Works Now well.   C4D need to comunicate with a 5030 port ..?..for the rendering.

So ..  Try this and Tell me if that resolve issue for you.

Yann

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Yann. Looks very promising. I'm personally not able to test it out but hopefully others with the same issue will try you solution. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines