• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import folder became a Unix executable file with zero bytes

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported images into lightroom and began the editing process. The next day none of the images could be found and when used the show in finder option I discovered that the entire folder is now a Unix file with zero bytes. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom dosent physically store photos. It makes catlog links to the files on your hard drive. Have you moved the files to another folder using your operating system,  rather than using drag & drop in the LR Library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly, the catalogue link on my hard drive is now a Unix executable file. I have been using Lightroom for years and this is the first time something like this has happened. I attached a screen shot of the drive where the error occurs.

The weird thing is I know they imported correctly because I started working on them. Screen Shot 2017-01-13 at 8.40.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange! I,ve not seen that before. Is the folder on a drive formatted for Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it is. I am on a Mac and have used 1.5TB of the 2TB and this is the first time this has happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Unix Executable is a generic term used by Apple when Mac OS does not understand a file or its contents or the contents have become corrupted.

You might ask on the Apple support forums, otherwise if you have a backup you could put the image files into a new folder (perhaps on the internal drive for now) and then right-click (control click) on the LR Library folder and choose “Update Folder Location” and then navigate to, and choose the new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

something happended to me just now- was editting a photo in lightroom on mac pro laptop and exported that photo to desktop when done like I always do.  Then went to edit next photo and all photos gone get Unix executable- I am really pissed have no idea what happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please please please post your own, brand new posting on your problem

WHY?

• The original posting on this one is 4 years old, and does not appear to having been resolved
  • Your LrC version is probably not the same as the OP
  • Circumstances are different, OP imported, yours edits.
  • Start your own post, your own problem, your own circumstances

ALSO BE AWARE OF

• Be aware, that these community pages are not for direct technical help from Adobe
  • Be aware that the vast majority of the people in these community pages are not Adobe Employees, we are fellow LrC users
  • Be aware that actual Adobe employees rarely enter these community pages (this has been getting improved upon lately)

WHEN YOU POST, INCLUDE

• Include the full name and version of the Adobe program, for example Lightroom Classic v10..3
  • Include the name, and version of your Operating System, for example Windows 10 v19043
  • Include any error message, verbatim
  • Screenshots are very helpful

CONSIDER INCLUDING (well probably not on this  issue)

• CPU, make/model, clock speed
  • RAM
  • GPU make/model
  • GPU driver version
  • GPU VRAM

You might want to also post at the official feedback site where Adobe likes to receive them:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/topics/lightroom-classic/5f5f2093785c1f1e6cc40872?cType=PROBLEM&page=...

Above request for info apply's at that site as well.

for some info on using this community site, see:

Adobe | Community How-To Guide - Tips & Best Practices

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines