• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Magic wand

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I noticed staff answers some questions here, so I would like to ask if there are plans to have something like the magic wand tool in future versions of this app?  If creating artwork and continuously tweaking color or value, it would be extremely helpful to be able to isolate areas and have the freedom to add broad strokes to the image without having to go back and keep cleaning up the edges with eraser. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Hi James,

We get a lot of requests to include specific Photoshop tools in Sketch. I have to admit that the Magic Wand, at least in my time on this team, has never been requested so, therefore, I've never heard it being discussed as a feature in the app.

Although I'm pretty sure it's not in the team's plans to incorporate Photoshop tools "as is," I know that they do consider these types of requests with regard to a particular tool's usefulness with regard to drawing in the app... so I'm more than

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

We get a lot of requests to include specific Photoshop tools in Sketch. I have to admit that the Magic Wand, at least in my time on this team, has never been requested so, therefore, I've never heard it being discussed as a feature in the app.

Although I'm pretty sure it's not in the team's plans to incorporate Photoshop tools "as is," I know that they do consider these types of requests with regard to a particular tool's usefulness with regard to drawing in the app... so I'm more than happy to share your idea/comments with them.

Sorry I don't have a more insightful response.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, Sue.  I hope they will consider it, and I should add that it wouldn't be that useful unless there was also the "select inverse" option added somehow.  If we are continuously adding transparent color over what's already been drawn, this would save a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

James.

I'll definitely share this with the team. It makes a lot of sense.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines