• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Any news on the next release?

Contributor ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand and respect that talking about an upcoming release can be easily misunderstood.

"We're working on X" can be misunderstood to mean "There will definitely be X"

"I expect it will be ready by Y" can be misunderstood to mean "It will definitely be ready by Y"

Still, any news? I've got some character animator tasks to do, and want to know if it's worth waiting for the update before starting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Thanks for the clarification - yes, we are a pretty small team still, and while we wish we could do everything, we have to prioritize the features that we think will have the most impact and provide the best user experience.

No dates for the next release yet. In general, most of the Adobe CC products don't announce what day they're coming out, but often we see previews of what to expect beforehand. In the past this has usually happened at Adobe or third party conferences / trade shows.

My general

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification - yes, we are a pretty small team still, and while we wish we could do everything, we have to prioritize the features that we think will have the most impact and provide the best user experience.

No dates for the next release yet. In general, most of the Adobe CC products don't announce what day they're coming out, but often we see previews of what to expect beforehand. In the past this has usually happened at Adobe or third party conferences / trade shows.

My general feeling / advice is not to wait for feature X or Y - make do with what you have today, and know that every release will get a little better.

Out of curiosity, is there a specific task or feature that you're waiting on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost all of them can be summed up as Character Animator behaving more like or integrating better with Adobe Animate. At the moment, I need After Effects to composite the two together, but it would be nice not to have to resort to such work-arounds.

If I had to pick one feature, it would be the ability to round off the timing of all visemes to the nearest whole frame, then frame by frame, be able to swap visemes out (like I would with Adobe Animate).

What would be even more awesome, is if the lipsync feature were just imported to Adobe Animate directly.
Bringing the bone tool to Character Animator would also be awesome.

Importing vector animation would be another feature I'd use, rather than only importing PNGs, so an animation could be created using shape tweens and motion tweens in Animate before being pushed over to Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, thanks very much for the feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you know how the drag tool in illustrator snaps to the centres and edges of things? It would be nice if all the handles, staples and pivot points did likewise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines