• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom support for Olympus OM-D EM5.2 raw files hi res mode

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to upgrade to the Olympus OMD EM5.2 and have been told that I need a plug in to process a high res raw image in Lightroom. I cannot find any information on the web about this. I use Lightroom CC.

can anyone please help.

thank you

Steve Callaghan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Quote "I assumed Camera Raw was imbedded in Lightroom."

Yes each version of Lightroom has the equivalent of a specific version of Adobe Camera Raw built into the application. e.g Lightroom CC 2015.8 / Lightroom 6.8 has the equivalent of Adobe Camera Raw Plugin 9.8 which is the latest update for the Plugin in Photoshop CC 2017.

Every time the ACR Plugin for Photoshop CC is updated a new updated version of Lightroom will also be released.

Lightroom is a complete stand alone application and does not

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a plug-in. You need Lightroom 6.0/Lightroom CC 2015.0 or later. (What version NUMBER of Lightroom do you have now?) Or you can use the free Adobe DNG Converter version 9.0 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camera has been supported since LR 6 ACR 8.8-9.0

See this Adobe page.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

This camera was first supported in Lightroom CC 2015 or 6.0.Refer Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Please ensure you are running the latest version of Lightroom.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest updated version of Lightroom CC but was wondering if these Hi resolution RAW images (about 60mb) need to be processed in a special way or as a normal raw process and export to JPEG in Lightroom. I know you can't view the image in camer?

Thanks again

Steve

Sent from my iPad

On 13 Jan. 2017, at 11:46 pm, dj_paige <forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Lightroom support for Olympus OM-D EM5.2 raw files hi res mode

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

Not a plug-in. You need Lightroom 6.0/Lightroom CC 2015.0 or later. (What version NUMBER of Lightroom do you have now?) Or you can use the free Adobe DNG Converter.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9259957#9259957 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: [https://forums.adobe.com/message/9259957#9259957]

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9259957#9259957

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at [https://forums.adobe.com/message/9259957#9259957], click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.
You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest updated version of Lightroom CC but was wondering if these Hi resolution RAW images (about 60mb) need to be processed in a special way or as a normal raw process and export to JPEG in Lightroom.

All photos are the same in Lightroom, you import, edit, export, you don't have to do anything special.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thank you. I have just read the following on Olympus website about shooting in hi res mode -

"Install the plug-in dedicated in 64-bit edition of Adobe® Photoshop® (CS5 or later) for processing and editing raw files on a computer. The plug-in lets you to adjust exposure compensation, white balance, contrast, sharpness, colour saturation, and colour settings (sRGB and Adobe RGB). Click Here to download the plug-in."

I'm not sure why Olympus are saying this, maybe they are assuming people who to date only shoot in JPEG don't have a program such as Lightroom which has a raw converter.  I'll see how I go when I get the camera tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're not talking about Lightroom, they're talking about Photoshop. These are different software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understand they are different software. Nevertheless Lightroom uses Camera Raw converter as does Photoshop. I'm not sure you understand the nature of the his res mode in the Olympus OMD EM5. The sensor moves in 0.5 pixel increments while capturing 8 shots to generate a single 40m sensor equivalent high resolution photo. It is probably not an unreasonable expectation to assume "different" processing is required with this type of image. My question has been raised In Olympus and micro 4/3 forums over the past year with no answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom uses Camera Raw converter

You cannot use the camera raw plug-in with Lightroom as you do for Photoshop.

This camera's RAW photos are supported by the current version of Lightroom.

It is probably not an unreasonable expectation to assume "different" processing is required with this type of image.

Yes, with Lightroom it is unreasonable. The software knows how to handle this type of image, so you don't need to do anything different than if it was an ordinary JPG.

Adding:

From New Lightroom CC has native RAW support for Olympus OMD E-M5 Mk II | Dustin Baugh Photography

Then today Adobe released Lightroom 6 (CC 2015).  The release notes don’t mention what support for new cameras are available but after a download, install, and catalog conversion I re-imported all my vacation shots.  All of the RAW files loaded, and better still the High-Res .ORI files imported with no problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. I assumed Camera Raw was imbedded in Lightroom. My mistake. Thanks again for your help. The link is very informative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "I assumed Camera Raw was imbedded in Lightroom."

Yes each version of Lightroom has the equivalent of a specific version of Adobe Camera Raw built into the application. e.g Lightroom CC 2015.8 / Lightroom 6.8 has the equivalent of Adobe Camera Raw Plugin 9.8 which is the latest update for the Plugin in Photoshop CC 2017.

Every time the ACR Plugin for Photoshop CC is updated a new updated version of Lightroom will also be released.

Lightroom is a complete stand alone application and does not require you to have any other Adobe application installed on your computer for it to function.

Have a look at the site below and you can follow the history of Lightroom and ACR development.

Lightroom Journal | Tips and advice straight from the Lightroom team.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah It helps to know the detail!

many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines